Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Things That Couldn't Be Spelt By Words.

(Warning: Will have some gore, suicide mention and others.)

Not that I wanted to complain but what's with the overwhelming atmosphere in the living room?

My father looked at me with anguish while my brother was hugging me tightly as if I was leaving forever far from their grasp not coming back.

I was of course confused by their actions but none of them tried to explain to me what happened.

Okay, let's go back to the moment before I walked into this terrible situation.

20 minutes ago, I was told by Reiji, my assistant that my father and brother will be coming home. 

He said it was urgent and I had to wait for them in the living room.

I did not get it and I thought they were just playing around so I let it go easily.

Reiji had told me to take this seriously but I didn't heed his advice and ordered Reiji to leave me be.

I continued minding my own business, reading the mangas and jotted down some notes from time to time.

The clock ticks every seconds and time passed by quickly.

15 minutes later, I heard a knock from the door of my bedroom and I opened it instantly because of how urgent it sound was.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

My assistant looked at me in anger and told me to get ready downstairs in an instant.

Seeing how mad he was, I shoved my big comfy sweater and ran to the living room where Reiji had told me to go.

There, I saw my father on a phone call anxiously while my brother was waiting.

When Kenzo saw me, he signalled me to come closer and I did.

And back to the present situation.

Seeing my confused face made my father and brother calmed a bit.

Father kneeled down to look my face to face.

He caressed my head and said, "Juniel, I know it's hard to accept what we will tell you, and I hope you don't be upset or self-blame after." 

My brother tighten his grip more and I started to feel choking.

I hit my brother's back hard and squirming in his hold to let me go.

My action left a sad and fond chuckle from my brother.

Kenzo patted my head caringly with his mouth shut.

"Why are you in despair, brother, father?" I tilted my head to the side.

The tone of my voice was full of curiosity but carried a hint of unhappiness.

My brother kept quiet and glanced at my father seemingly trying to pass off the explaining part to father.

My father sighed dejectedly and explained to me the truth, "Your grandfather requested for your presence and told us to bring you to America."

He examined my face to see any change of expression and he saw my shocked appearance.

Father never told me about mother's father. In fact, he seemed to avoid it whenever I asked him about my other grandparents.

I noticed the troubled face my father made when I bring the topic up.

I did question my brother about the strangeness and he replied with some weird explanation.