Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Clubs?

Dreams often got interrupted by the annoying sound of alarms.

It's your fault, to be honest, 'cause you're the one that made it.

Same as I, if only I could win against the sound of the alarm on waking me up, I would be impressed by my own achievement.

I turned off the digital clock and yawned.

I rubbed my eyes even though it was not good for one's health.

Getting off my feet from the comfy mattress I called my beloved bed and walked towards the bathroom like an overtired salaryman.

Putting on the uniform not bothering whether my hair was comb since I could just do it with my fingers and made it neat.

Reached out for the sandwich and a carton of milk, pouring the cold liquid into a cup while munching on the two pieces of bread with salad and tuna between them.

The cup was washed and I got my messenger bag or bookbag and opened the door of my dorm room only to be greeted by Briana.

"Took you long enough. Let's go." She said while turning her body away from me towards the hallway to the elevator.

I chuckled tensely while closing my door and making sure it was locked.

Just as I wanted to follow her, at the end of my eye, I saw Kiyotaka.

"Kiyotaka!" I shouted from the distance and he noticed me as I waved at him.

He came to me with an odd smile.

"Do you want to go to school with us?" I asked hoping he would agree.

Kiyotaka raised his eyebrow but when his eyes saw Briana standing not far from me, he knew what I meant by us.

He nodded but questioned if Briana was okay with that.

Briana wanted to say no but she can't hold it when she saw my glistening pleading eyes and finally agreed with regret.

I smiled widely with joy.

The walk to the elevator was quiet so I chatted with Kiyotaka to lessen the awkward mood.

"So, are you making friends other than me?" I asked even fully knew that he didn't, wanting to tease him a bit.

He sighed dejectedly as he shook his head expressing his failure in the mission of making friends, "I tried but I never got the chance. There are some classmates that I talked to but nothing special."

I laughed hearing his response.

Briana nudged me on the waist with her elbow, glaring at me.

I put on a hurt expression and apologized to Kiyotaka, "Sorry, sorry. But there is still much more time left for you to do it. Even one friend is okay or I could introduce you to some of my friends!" I cheered him up by suggesting an idea.

Kiyotaka thanked me for the brilliant idea.

"But isn't some of them in the same class as him?" Briana said nonchalantly said with her head in front.

Kiyotaka realized it and spoke, "Oh, their names are Rokusuke, Horikita, Sudou and Karuizawa, right?" He asked for confirmation.

I sheepishly told him, "That's right. You'd heard them before from me...so why didn't you befriend them? They are...nice."

Kiyotaka sighed again while remembering his failed attempts.

Knowing that Kiyotaka mood was down, I patted his back to encourage him.