Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Night Jog

I wore my sport shoes and walked outside the room.

My feet stepped into the elevator and pushed the lobby button.

Jogging at night was something I rarely did but my mind couldn't get the thought of Kiyotaka's message and decided to feel the night breeze.

Running around the building and I unintentionally heard something at the corner of the building.

I stopped and suspiciously peered at the corner.

Committed to finding out the noise of the sound I went near the place.

'I know this is a dumb thing to do when you're in a horror movie but this is reality! What if someone was fighting and one of them fainted, put blame on me because I was walking nearby! At least, be a civilian person and they won't suspect me...' I talked to myself.

I sneaked at the corner and saw three figures.

One was a girl and the two talking to each other were boys.

I chose not to interrupt and eavesdropped on them.

"Yea, I did piano and calligraphy. In elementary school, I even got the championship in a music competition."

The boy's sound was familiar and a thought came to mind.

'Kiyotaka! Wait, is it where Kiyotaka saved Suzune? Did I miss the scene?!' I mentally yelled and panicked.

"Are you also class D? What a unique boy. Suzune." It was Manabu.

"Suzune, you have a friend? I'm honestly surprised."

Suzune denied, "He's...he's not my friend. He's only a classmate." Looking up to his brother.

"As always, you're mistaking solitude with isolation. And you, Ayanokoji. With you, it looks like things are going to become more interesting." Manabu said and walked past them.

I selected to follow Manabu who was disappearing into the night.

"Juniel!" Kiyotaka and Suzune shouted in shock at the same time.

I gave them a smile and bid a goodbye leaving them both.

Suzune and Kiyotaka wanted to follow but I glared at them.

Running at my fastest and observing my surrounding to see if Manabu was still around.

Fortunately, I found Manabu who was walking leisurely towards the dorm building.

I shouted to the fullest.

He stilled his legs and turned around to see me inhaled a chuck of oxygen into my lungs.

I wobbly walked towards him with my limp legs.

He waited for me to come.

"Manabu, huh...What-What were you guys chatting about at the alleyway?" Huffing the air in.

Manabu was quiet as he stared at me with his dark eyes.

He said, "I guess since you ask, I will tell you. I and that Ayanokoji was just appraising each other."

"What about Suzune? I saw that she was there too." 

He cleared his throat.

"I was persuading her to leave the school and aim for a better realism like you always said to me," He told me.

I gulped as I gazed at that blank eyes.

"Then tell me. Am I reckless?" I questioned and preparing for a hurtful truth but he never voiced out.