The Most Awkward Moment

Leanne watched as Bet-khar navigated his ship throughout space, mesmerized at his off-world technology. He often checked his wrist computer while steering the vessel, while typing inhumanly fast, while watching interchangeable holographic projections... "Speaking of multitasking" Leanne murmured to herself.

The human had no clue where they were heading to, but since Bet-khar was busy, she didn't dare to ask. She decided it would be best to offer help instead, "Is there anything I can do to help?" The alien cocked his head to the side and gave her an inquisitive look. She swallowed, "Well, I may not be able to operate your technology, but I can clean." She looked around for effect, and pointed at some dirt on the floor and on his armor. He seemed to consider for a moment, and then turned back to his computer, ignoring Leanne's hopeful expression.

She sighed and set on a chair next to him, uninvited. Bet-khar didn't look directly at Leanne, but she could feel that he observed her every move. A long moment passed, and with nothing to do, Leanne's mind ran wild with anxiety and fear. She knew nothing about him, his planet, or his intentions. She understood he saved her life, but what now? The human had so many questions, but he didn't seem inclined to converse, and she didn't think pushing him was a good idea.

The hunter left the room abruptly, and Leanne remained seated, not knowing what happened. A minute later he came back holding a small device. He pointed the device towards a dirty spot on the floor and slowly pushed a button to demonstrate. The dirt simply vanished. Leanne's mouth hang open in amazement. He repeated the action once more, to make sure she understood how to operate the device. Leanne clapped in excitement "Wow! This is amazing!" The big alien stared at Leanne's small hands as she clapped, not understanding the meaning of it. Feeling embarrassed she stopped clapping. "Sorry, sometimes I clap when I'm excited. Although I've been told I am very easy to impress." Leanne gave him an awkward smile, and Bet-khar handed her the device.

He watched as she began to clean his spacecraft with such care and gentleness, as if she was caring for a living being. That seemed to please him.

Leanne moved about the ship, humming and cleaning the floor very thoroughly. She was too afraid to touch the walls since she could not understand the writings and marks alongside the vessel, and she didn't want to be ejected by mistake.

After she cleaned everything within her reach, she wiped her face with the back of her hand and walked straight back to where the alien was. He didn't look back as she approached, but the slight shift of his head was an indication that he acknowledged her presence.

"I'm done. Would you like me to clean your armor next?" Now she got his attention. Bet-khar turned his head slightly and glared, and for a moment Leanne regretted asking. To her surprise he began to remove his chest armor, and everything else above his waist. He turned and handed it to her.

Leanne stared wide eye at the most sculpted torso she'd seen in her whole life. The alien's abdomen was carved to perfection. She marveled at the combination of strength and composure held by the specimen in front of her. He was primal but intelligent, alien but similar to a human male in many ways.

Slowly, as if not to break her trance, Bet-khar raised a hand that could swallow her entire head and gently pressed his armor against her chest. Leanne felt her cheeks heat up like a hot flame when she realized that she was ogling him. She gripped his armor tightly against her chest and lowered her head.

He seemed worried at her sudden change of color. Cocking his head to the side he gently touched her cheek, giving her a questioning look. Leanne sighed and explained "When humans feel different emotions, the blood flow in our faces changes. This creates color changes, unique to every emotion we feel." She glanced up to see if he understood her explanation.

His expression remained similar to a frown, as if he did not understand. She tried again "You caught me staring at your body, I feel embarrassed, that's why I turned red." He removed his hands from Leanne's face and took a step back, as if he was annoyed, or disgusted, she could not tell. She narrowed her eyes at him, but he moved away, unfazed. Like she was an insect. The idea of being ogled by a human clearly displeases him. Noted!

Bet-khar stalked away once again without saying a word. Leanne remained clutching his armor tightly against her chest. That must have been the most awkward moment of her existence.