Zahraun

My hunters fill each corner of this wasteland called Král'omoc. Bet-Khar is directly behind me. I nod at him letting him know I got this under control. His fierce expression scan the crowd of creatures moving in all directions but immediately ignores them. If Král'omoc's leader sent all his subordinates to take me out then they are out of luck because I will rip their throats out three at a time. I am not a patient male.

We move along narrow corridors for hours. We must keep on moving if we want to make it back to our ship before the sun rises. We're running out of time.

I narrow my eyes, my nostrils flaring slightly. I smell mold and various body odors. There is not trace of the sweet earthy smell produced by the human female's body.

We reach a kind of junction, the passageway stretching out in both directions in front of a cavernous space. Bet-Khar look at his wrist gauntlet and I notice his body tensing.

"What have you found?" I ask as I stab my wrist-blade into another of these weaklings who keep crossing my path, making pathetic attempts to stop me.

"She must be in close proximity. I'm picking up a signal but no heat signature yet."

The hard cold determination in my eyes transformed to fury as I take in Bet-Khar's expression. She can't be dead! She is not allowed to die.

I'm about to do something reckless when my brother point towards a dead-end corridor. "The signal is coming from there". He says urgently.

These Král'omoc scums messed with the wrong male this time

These Král'omoc scums messed with the wrong male this time. They like entertainment but I was never one to entertain. Nobody takes what's mine.

I reach the end of the narrow corridor knowing that I have to break down these walls to get the other side. In close-quarters like these, no weapon can be used, for it could harm the human, if, she is in the other side. I let out a menacing roar and punch my way through. It doesn't take long until the metal structure cave in under my wrath. I use my single wrist-blade to cut a hole in the wall, large enough to fit my frame, while Bet-Khar silently watches my back and monitors the area.

From where I stand, I have a clear view of what's in the other side. I scan the interior, immediately finding the human. She closes her eyes tightly, as though fighting for strength, then lift her head and open her eyes to stare straight at me.

"Zahr--"

"Are you injured?" I cut her off.

She is sitting on the floor, hugging her knees to her chest. She tilt her head up to look at me and my eyes bore into hers. Her eyes are filling with tears and an emotion I never seen before. Her reaction send my body on high alert. I closed the distance between us in one long stride, and drop down on one knee so that I can inspect her body.

I do not care how she will react to my touch. Fear? Anger? It matters not. I must make sure she is not harmed.

Instead, she did something completely unexpected. She threw her arms around my neck and squeezed me tightly before my arms instinctively wrapped around her tiny waist.

"Come on. There will be plenty of time for this later," I say pulling away slightly to look at her. "Did they hurt you?" I ask again, fuming at the thought.

She shakes her head "I wish they'd hurt me."

Her answer rises my anger, "How dare you wish for something you can't endure?"

She pull away from my arms to lift her hands and place one on each side of my bio-mask. With a trembling voice she begins, "Zahraun, they took my blood samples and loaded into a robot machine that adds chemicals to the blood to extract DNA. They could not understand me but the translation device embed in my ears captured every word they exchanged. The creatures who took me, whoever they are..."

She tried to gulp  back her sobs but tears began running down her face.

"Hush, now, human. There's no need for that. Shhhh . . ." I say in a low voice, trying to sound more comforting and less intimidating. I've never been so angry in my life. They took her blood.

I cradle her small body on my lap, and as gently as I can, I press her face against my broad chest. I've learned this awkward gesture from a primitive tribe I once visited with my father. Some species touch and cradle one another for comfort. The Yautja do not... until now.

Still sobbing, she remain pressed against my chest without protesting. My hand move in soothing circles on her back, enjoying the feel of her body in my arms. A growing sense of awareness and a warm sensation awakens somewhere deep inside my body. My brain notice this strange feeling taking over me. I try to focus, knowing there will be place and time to ponder over this, later.

"We must go now, human. I will take you back to my ship before I take care of the rest."

Still cradled on my lap, she manage to pull away enough to look up at my face.

"Zahraun, I can't leave. I need your help. We need your help."

"We?" I tilt my head, trying to make sense of her words. Is my language implant not functioning properly? Who is this 'we' she is referring to? Could there be others of her kind on this planet? I grimace at the thought. One single human have caused me enough headache. I do not need more of this.

"Zahraun, they said my DNA is compatible with many other species. They plan to invade my planet and abduct females to sell them as slaves and breathers. You must help us, please..."

She begs me desperately, and for the first time in centuries I lack words. This fucking wasteland should have been destroyed decades ago.

"Listen to me, human, no creature will invade your planet. I will not allow this to happen, for your kind is still too young to defend itself. I will however, destroy this planet. I should've killed them all with my bare hands the first time they stole a sentient being."

The human female stare at me with eyes wide open, either in surprise or fear. I can't be certain. She tries to pull away from my body and I let her go of her this time. She step away from me as if I'm a poisonous creature.

"You want to destroy a planet? Zahraun, you can't kill an entire race!"

"I can and I will!" I growl. "They changed their own fate when they decided to play with a world that is not theirs. These creatures stepped out of their realm to take sentient beings that were NOT under their rule. Now I gave them no choice. They crossed a line. My hunters are standing guard and this planet is sealed. This ends now."

My loud commanding voice boomed over the cavernous space and the human took another step back, away from me. I have made my decision very clear.

Bet-Khar chose this very moment to uncloak and enter the room. He took a step forward and held out his hand to her. At first, the female seemed shocked at his sudden appearance. The shock was quickly replaced with relief and other emotions I do not care to see. Her eyes filled with more tears as she move toward Bet-Khar and grabbed his hand.

"Come human, we must go." He says looking dow at her. She look up at him, shaking her head 'no'.

"Bet-Khar, nobody has the right to kill an entire race. We can't--"

I cut her off. My patience with this female is running thin. Fighting this fragile creature will prevent me from reaching the full potential of my plans. So, I change my strategy. I may be a predator, a savage, but above all, I am the commander and the next ruler of my kind. I know when negotiation is more effective than brutal force. I will play this game, for now.

I look at her and begin, "The decision is already made... and I find myself unwilling to give up my decision without anything in return."

The human stare up at me but it is Bet-Khar who asks, "What do you want?"

I gesture to the human, " I want her."