The Most Dangerous Species

After meeting Bet-khar's brothers via holographic conference or whatever they call it - the alien technology - Leanne felt tired and overwhelmed. Shit escalated quickly with one of the males, and the whole meeting couldn't have gone more poorly.

What is she going to do now? Bet-khar owe her an explanation. He brought her to his ship without a word, and she knew nothing about him. Hell, she didn't even know how far they've gone from earth or if he ever planned to take her back. She had to talk to him.

After the meeting with his brothers, Bet-khar went to retrieve some food from a part of the ship she didn't notice before. It looked like some type of fridge hidden in the wall, with well packed meals and possibly some type of beverage. He motioned for her to come close and select something to eat. She did not recognize any of it, but she was sure her stomach would appreciate some nourishment. 

"What do humans usually eat", Bet-khar asked. Leanne considered for a moment, "Many things. Fruits, vegetables, some eat meat, some don't". She pointed at the food, "Can you describe what those things are?" Bet-khar proceeded to explain what each food was and showed her another device that could be used to heat up or cook whatever she selected.

He directed his head towards the other side of the refrigerator-thingy and said "We will eat there". The space, which was empty a few seconds ago, now displayed a sleek metal table and two chairs. "Where did that come from", she asked in surprise, "What else can you pull out of these walls?" Bet-khar looked amused at her question but didn't reply. Instead, he motioned for her to pick up the items she found appealing and join him at the table, "We will eat as I answer some of your questions." Surprised at his words, Leanne hurried up and filled a disk-looking plate with anything that resembled earth food. 

She carefully took a bite of something that looked like a carrot but tasted like berry. Between bites, she looked up at him, "Aren't you going to eat?" He tensed for a moment and then slowly reached for his biomask, "I don't want to frighten you". Leanne's heart melted at his words, without thinking she spilled out "After meeting your brother and his wrath, I don't think I can get frighten anymore", she joked. 

Bet-khar relaxed, and slowly proceeded to remove his biomask. Leanne tried her best to keep a calm expression, not to offend him. No matter how he looked, he had shown her kindness and care, and he was her only chance of survival on this unknown place they were heading to. 

He removed his mask and looked away, as if not wanting to see her reaction to his appearance. The blood drained from Leanne's face and anxiety made swallowing difficult. She watched his broad chest expand and contract, and tried to calm her nerves.  After a moment of silence, she summoned the courage to say "How old are you?"

He turned his head ever so slowly and peered down at her. A mixture of confusion and something else written over his face. He cocked his head and asked incredulously, "You wish to know my age?" For some reason her question seemed to have caught him off guard. "Actually, I have so many questions. For starters, why are we going to meet your brothers? That big brute clearly wants me dead, and I don't know anything about you and your people. I mean, what are you? Where do you come from? When can you take me back home? How far are we from Earth anyways? And..."

Before she could finish Bet-khar got fed up with her antics and gestured her to stop. Leanne breathed heavily, trying to keep her emotions under control but failing miserably.

He ate some of his strange food in silence, and began "My kind is called 'Yautja', and our planet is called 'Yautja Prime'. We are a sentient race that breathe an atmosphere similar to that of your backwater planet. We are a highly advanced technological species, with capacity for interstellar travel and an immense array of weaponry and advanced equipments. My kind is feared throughout the galaxies for our hunting of dangerous species, which precisely brought me to your planet."

Leaned continued to look at Bet-khar intently, "So you were hunting on my planet", she asked in disbelieve. "What's your definition of 'dangerous species'? Because I'm sure as hell if I asked a lion he would say 'your brother'. Seriously, I think you may have gone to the wrong planet. We have nothing more dangerous than that brute, of that I am sure!"

Bet-khar frowned, "What's a lion?" She explained, "It's earth's apex predator. They are strong and covered in yellow-gold fur. Their teeth are long and sharp, and their jaws are made for pulling down and killing prey. The adult males have shaggy manes that range in color from blond to reddish-brown to black."

He considered for a moment "Hummm, I know the creature you speak of. The animal is frail and pathetic, not a worthy hunt. And it's too stupid to be a pet." Leanne's mouth hung open. Her eyes roamed over Bet-khar powerful body and deadly sharp teeth. His kind was without a doubt the most dangerous species in the universe. She swallowed the lump in her throat and asked in a shaky voice, "What were you hunting on my planet then?"

Bet-khar typed a few commands on his wrist gauntlet and an holographic image straight out of nightmares appeared out of nowhere. Leanne let out a high-pitched scream and fell backwards off her chair. With a wave of his wrist Bet-khar quickly closed the image. Leanne remained rooted on the ground, lips quivering and body trembling.  

Bet-khar sighed, "That's a Xenomorph." He pushed off the table and stared down at the human for a long moment. Slowly, he bent down to gather the human in his arms, "Come, we must shower and rest", he murmured. He felt her bury her face into the crook of his neck as he circled his muscled arms around her... they stayed there for the longest time, breathing to the sound of Leanne's hearts pounding. With trembling voice she asked "Are these creatures still on my planet?" Bet-khar began to carry the human towards his room. With a dangerous low growl he replied  "I've killed them all."