Celtic

I leave the human female at the adjoining room while I "recharge". She looks tired and overwhelmed. I ordered Dorsa, my eldest house helper, to bathe her, and bring her to my quarters when she is finished.

Volcra was enraged by the human's presence. I have never seen her acting that way but I know exactly what may have triggered such behavior.

Years ago, when I first started my lonely journey, I was longing to reconnect with who I truly was and free my mind of all the paralyzing thoughts and memories that were wrecking my mind. After months of finding new ways to improve myself, I finally found a place - a peaceful and primitive planetoid called Tkkar.

I longed for quiet time, away from the world, in silence. I was done with rescue missions. The noise of everyday life was too loud, and I needed to find a way to create calm in the midst of chaos.

After visiting Tkkar a few times, I decided to introduce myself to its inhabitants and acquire land to build my retreat. Instead of fortune however, they asked for my help. Several of their females were stolen, and two were sold in exchange for food. No matter how hard I tried to bring silence back into my life, I saw it as a defeat.

This is true for so many of us. Instead of understanding and accepting ourselves, we go through life thinking that something is wrong with us because we don't fit into the society's norm of what is "socially acceptable."

One of the best ways to understand other creature's ways of life is to first examine your own. So, while meeting with the Tkkarians, I refrained from using Yautja technology and communication devices. The simple gesture granted me their trust and respect. And I found some type of peace in return.

During that time it also became clear to me what was causing my uneasiness had nothing to do with external influences, but rather with how I filtered information and what I allowed to come through to me.

I found myself programming my responses based on other people's level of expectations, because I didn't want to be different. And instead of focusing on myself, I worried about how others saw me - an abomination.

I flooded my brain with endless problems, worries, and  that ultimately made me feel as if I was a bomb about to go off at any moment.

I fought the urge to accept the Tkkarian's plea to rescue their females. However, when I learned that younglings and mothers were taken to Král'omoc, things changed. I had to do something, it was in my nature, who I truly was.

In a matter of hours I was able to track down the stolen Tkkarians, but very few lived. Some were killed by starvation, others... in more violent ways. The children were not spared. The scene was gruesome.

I held up my end of the bargain - the  stolen females were delivered back to their tribes - some barely alive, some into pieces.

Dorsa and Volcra were among the few females still alive. Unfortunately, they were the two females sold by their own family members. It's difficult to comprehend how someone could do such a thing. Trying to make sense of someone's betrayal is exhausting and can lead you to believe it is somehow your fault. I know Volcra never recovered from her past experience. Her mind wants a simple explanation, and unfortunately the quickest solution leads her to blame herself, even when it's not her fault.

When someone you trust hurts you, it's difficult not to generalize this experience and fear that other people in your life could easily hurt you as well.  This belief is unsettling and can impact judgment.

When I rescued Dorsa and Volcra, they had nowhere else to go. Volcra begged me not to return her to her family. And Dorsa asked if they could be my servants. Around that time I'd acquired a large land in Tkkar, and since I needed someone to look after my property, I allowed them to remain.

Today was the first time I brought another female to my house, since. Actually, the human was the first female to get close to my private quarters, even. Volcra may have felt threatened by this turn of events. Perhaps she thinks I will not longer need her services... if so, her judgment is compromised. And my instincts about the people who work for me should be called into question.

My house helpers served me well all these years. I had no reason not to trust them... up to this day. The hateful look Volcra gave Leanne didn't set well with me. I will have to discipline her for questioning my orders. I may have more urgent matters to attend to, but I will not allow disrespect in my own house. On these lands, they live and they shall serve under my rule as I order.

The sound of the adjoining door opening interrupts my "information processing". I expect the human to enter my quarters and show me this human kiss, as we agreed upon. I considered ordering my nano-suit to retract when she touches me. I long to feel... something, anything. But I do not wish to scare her.

I turn to face the human but the sight of Volcra catch me off guard. She is completely unclothed walking toward me, eyes growing heated.

"You deserve a strong female, not that disgusting creature. I can please you. I will do whatever you like." She says in a low hissing voice, perhaps attempting to seduce me?!

Alarms start going off in my brain and I feel metal protruding my skin as my claws come out. The nanites in my bloodstream comes to the surface, transforming my bodysuit into a indestructible armor.

Before she could say anything else I cross the room and wrap one hand around her throat.

"Where. Is. The. Human?" I growled like the abominable beast that I am. My words almost unintelligible.

The female Tkkarian I once trust gasps for air but I do not loosen my grip. She tries to claw at my armored hand, to no avail.

"K-Král-" She chocked "Král'omoc".

"How?"

"The old ship- I set course to slave colony were you found me." She choked on her words.

I tighten my grip on her throat as I carry her toward the ship's dock. The hardest thing about betrayal is that it not always comes from our enemies. I gave Volcra that old ship. It was supposed to be used for short distance travel and to purchase house materials.

As it turn out, you can't control someone's loyalty. No matter how generous you are to them, doesn't mean that they will treat you the same. No matter how much you value them, doesn't mean that they'll value you the same. Sometimes the creatures I rescue and care for, turn out to be the creatures I can trust the least.

My neural device chooses that moment to send me a signal, indicating that my brother had physically touched the ground, at last. I'd expected Zahraun to have found my location much sooner.

I throw the front door open, not bothering to stop at my brother's arrival. I see that the old ship is indeed missing. Volcra did not lie.

I break Volcra's neck effortlessly, and toss her body across the field without sparing it a glance. I then turn to my brothers. Bet-Khar looks concerned at what he just saw. Zahraun displays only rage. I have seen him wearing that expression before. He'd wished he could end my existence. His thirst to kill matches mine and I welcome the feeling.

Tonight, Král'omoc's shine will be seen throughout the galaxy for the last time.