Bet-Khar

The human female have been missing for two days, and I am beginning to think the worst. My mind flash me images of pain, torture, and death. I imagine the human barely alive on the cold underground planet, wondering why I'd never came to rescue her. If the illegal traders had taken me or my brothers, it would have been a whole different situation; Celtic would have been thrilled. Zahraun would have seen it as an opportunity to blow up the planet.

Regardless of each hunter's approach to life, we are all trained to withstand a great deal of pain. But the human? She is too young and fragile to endure such despicable treatment of others. She may be considered an adult by human standards, but she has only seen thirty five sun rotations, whereas I saw one hundred.

"Are you alright?" Zahraun's head snap up at Bal-Khan's question. He reach over the console and check the coordinates once again. Král'omoc appears on the screen.

  "We should arrive in four hours. Stay focused, Bal-Khan. I must instruct my hunters to aid in the search. Tonight, all will search for the earth female until she is found." Bal-Khan nods and Zahraun leaves the room.

I know how difficult this week must have been on Zahraun. Even when he punched walls and threatened people, I knew it was his way to vent his anger. Most if not all hunters stayed away. Bal-Khan however, remained by his side at all times. They are close to each in age and ranking. And although they couldn't have been more different from one another, they do make a successful team.

I am sure we will be able to locate the human. But in what condition? That is my greatest concern at the moment. If it had been anyone else, any Yautja... It was my job to protect the human and I failed. If something happens to her, I do not know if I will be able to live with the guilt.

I wait anxiously as the evening slowly stretch into night. Celtic go over underground details with Bal-Khan as he navigates the ship. Cet-Khar had left the bridge to prepare healing equipments. I am scanning the area for threats and making adjustments to the ship's cloaking systems.

Sometime later Zahraun returns to the bridge, his eyes narrow as a sinister expression crosses his face. "We have enough hunters to keep any creature from slipping around us unseen, and enough firepower to obliterate this whole galaxy." I nod, and return my attention to the screen in front of me.

Bal-Khan, Celtic and I are seated on our respective chairs. Zahraun returns to his rightful place, the commander's chair, and take over control of the warship. The three of them began planing the movement and disposition of forces, and the deception of the enemy. I undoubtedly have nothing else to contribute to this conversation. Neither do I feel the thrill of the hunt. I am worried and angry. The situation in which we find ourselves is my fault.

I know taking responsibility when we have chosen an action that endanger others is not enough, but it is something. I owe my brothers a great debt of gratitude for their commitment and support. Specially Zahraun; He could have ordered us to return to home-world. Instead, he is leading this mission, against all protocols. And probably against Father's commands. My brother has once more earned my deepest respect.

The room suddenly goes quiet. We are now entering Král'omoc's orbit. Bal-Khan remains seated. He will command the ship while we are on the ground.

Bal-Khan nods and the three of us headed shoulder to shoulder out of the bridge and down the corridor. Cet-Khar is already waiting by his pod with a cool expression on his face.

"Does Father knows about this mission?" He ask as we approach.

"Given the circumstances, it is best to keep this among ourselves, for now. When time comes, I will speak to him and take full responsibility, for I am the commander of this ship." Zahraun says firmly.