7 ~ 𝐸𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑦 𝑀𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔

All the girls walked back to the suite, no one daring to say anything. Bloom was still rattled running from a Burned one and Clove upset from seeing it. The fairies couldn't quite figure out why Clove was so shaken up, yet they could admit it was scary so they assumed it was that.

"The headmistress will take care of the Burned one. She won't leave it in the First world. Don't worry. Your parents are safe." Aisha tried. Bloom just put on a fake smile, "Thanks." and went into her room.

Clove tried to slip by as she herself was still too disturbed. Terra caught her quickly, "Hey Clove. You alright?" Clove jumped and stared at the girl with wide eyes. All she could do was nod and quickly scurried away to her room.

She shut the door and jumped into bed without bothering to change. She got under the covers knowing she wouldn't be getting any sleep that night.

꧁꧂

Clove spent the night tossing and turning. Everytime she closed her eyes all she could see is the burned one. It brought back memories she have been working on suppressing, but with this event, it's not helping.

She decided to get out of bed and go clear her head. She grabbed a book and put on her shoes, heading to her quiet place. To busy in her head, she didn't notice the blonde boy training.

He turned his head to see the girl walking towards the pond. He took in her appearance as she wore the same thing she did the day before. Sky called out to the blonde, but she didn't react. He furrowed his eyebrows and decided to follow her.

Clove sat down at the bench and opened her book and began to read. Sky came through the entrance and walked up to her. Sky placed a soft hand on her shoulder, "Hey Clove-"

Clove jumped and screamed instantly putting up her shield. Sky fell backwards as the shield knocked him down. Clove stared back down at Sky with golden, wide eyes. All of a sudden Clove began to cry and released her shield.

Sky scrambles up and kneels down in front of her, taking her face in his hands. He tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. He notices the dark circles under her eyes and pale skin, as if she got no sleep. "Hey, hey, hey don't cry. what's wrong?" Clove tried to respond but only choked sobs came out. Sky got up and sat next to her immediately hugging her.

The two sat there while Sky held Clove tight to him and let her cry. She clung onto his shirt with her fists holding on for dear life. He rocked her back and forth, running his fingers through her hair and whispered comforting words in her ear.

After awhile her sobs quieted to small sniffles and light tears running down her cheeks. "I-Im sorry" He cupped her jaw and brought it up to look at him, "Don't apologize for crying. Never. At least not with me." She nodded and he caressed her cheek with his thumb, "You alright?"

She looked into his eyes which swarmed with worry for the girl in his arms. She shook her head and lent her head on his chest. A moment went by. "I'm scared."

He continued to run his fingers through her hair that flowed to her shoulders. "What are you scared of?" She just shook her head again. "It's alright. Sometimes it's ok to be scared. It reminds us that we are human. You don't have to tell me why but just know when you are ready, I will be here to listen."

Clove started to cry again and Sky could feel her body shake as she cried. "Don't cry. I'm sorry- fuck. I didn't mean to make you upset I-"
Clove grabbed his hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. "I'm not upset with you. T-Thank you, Sky. Thank you for being h-here for me when i'm not at my best. I-I'll always be h-here for you too."

Sky's eyes softened at her words. He squeezed his fingers with hers, "Thank you Clove. Thank you." They both stared at each other with admiration. Neither one of them ever had someone to fully lean on until now. They both felt safe and at peace with each other. A new feeling they could get used to.

-
hey! hope u liked this chapter! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2k reads!!! stay safe!! 💕💕