13 ~ 𝐸𝑎𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑎𝑖𝑛

All the fairies sat at lab desks, ready to show off their magic and practice. Clove sits in the back next to Beatrix. They don't really talk but Beatrix looks over at the blonde fairy a lot. She's intrigued and wants to see her magic.

Ms. Dowling goes through all the girls until she reaches Beatrix and Clove. Beatrix makes small lightning which crackles with small sparks, "Impressive, Beatrix. Keep it up."

"Got it Ms.D...Headmistress Dowling." Farah clears her throat and stops at Clove who has her face nuzzled in a book. "Clove" She looks up at Ms.Dowling and closes her book.

"You are similar to mind fairies. I want you to focus on one specific thing or person. Narrow the field and reach in latching onto it. Focus all your energy and magic into it. Close in on it only." Farah points a finger at her head. Clove thinks about the brunette next to her.

Her eyes turn golden and Ms.Dowling, Beatrix, and Clove can feel the magic. "Good, now dig deeper and latch onto her emotions. Control them." Cloves energy maximizes and her eyes turn a darker golden. She doesn't feel anything for a moment but a sudden spark of heavy interest and curiosity flows over her.

Farah raises her eyebrows and puts her hand down, "Good Clove, you are learning fast." Clove releases the shield with a heavy sigh and her eyes turn back to the honey brown.

Farah walks away and Beatrix turns to Clove, "That was impressive, Clove was it?" Clove smiled wearily at the girl. She gave off an odd vibe and she could feel a twinge of it when using her magic on her. She wasn't sure what she felt but decided to be nice and see where this goes.

"Yeah, and your Beatrix." Beatrix smiled, "That's right. I have to say, I find your magic quite... fascinating." Clove tried her best not to waiver, "How so?"

"Well there has not been a protector fairy in quite some time and your magic is quite rare. There has not been many who have your magic which makes you special."

Clove obtains this information, "But...why me? I keep wondering, but i'm getting no answers." Beatrix smiles, "I guess you will know when the time is right." The bell rings and class is over. Beatrix grabs her bag and stands up, "I hope we can talk more Clove." With that she exited the classroom.

Clove nodded and quickly packed up her bag. She ran up to Terra, "Hey T, are you going to the greenhouse?" She nodded, "Yeah why?" Clove put on a mischievous smirk, "Well... I need you to sneak me in there." Terra looked taken a back and pulled Clove in closer, "But why? You know dad wont allow it."

"I know. Thats why I need you to sneak me in there. Im pretty sure I might be able to help Silva if he lets me. Please, he is super important to Sky and I just can't sit here and do nothing." Terra would see the desperation on Cloves face. She nodded and they began to come up with a plan.

꧁꧂

Terra distracted her father while Clove snuck in the greenhouse to talk to Silva. She walked in quietly and saw him sitting on a bench. Her eyes trailed down to the cut on his back.

Clove cleared her throat, "Good evening Professor Silva." Silva turns his head to look at the protector fairy, "Clove if your here for Ben, he just left t-"

"Oh no. I um.. well, I am here to talk to you," Clove cuts in and looks him in his eyes. He nods for her to continue, "Well, my magic is a bit different than others, as you probably know. and- well. I was hoping I can help you, you know, ease some of the pain."

Silva shakes his head, "Clove... I don't know. You are still just learning. Plus it would be painful. You are similar to mind fairies, I don't know. Have you talked to Sky about this?" She debates on telling the truth, but shakes her head.

"No, I wanted to talk to you first. It's up to you. I believe I'm strong enough. Your important to him and I can't just sit around while you and him are hurting. Please, let me help you."

Silva looked at the girl and saw the determination on her face. He didn't want to hurt he,  but he believed she could help ease the pain. The only fairy ever that has offered him help and she is similar to a mind fairy. He sighed and nodded.

She smiled and sat down next to him, "Clove, if it begins to be too much please stop. I am grateful for your help but you are still learning." Clove nodded, "Same for you, Professor."

Clove closed her eyes and focused her energy on him. She dug deep until she reached him. She opened her eyes and could feel everything he felt through his eyes. She winced hard, the excruciating pain flowing through her. How could he bare this? She thought.

She focused on taking away some of the pain and giving it to herself. She breathed in shakily as the pain continued to course through her. She refused to stop knowing him and Sky needed this.

Silva grunted a few times but slowly stopped as he felt a big weight of pain falling off his shoulders. A light and protective aura surrounded him. He smiled. Clove held on for as long as she could until it became too much.

She eased and pulled her magic away from
him and her eyes went back to the soft brown. Silva breathed a deep breath in, "Thank you Clove, that helped a lot." Clove smiled brightly even through she was trying her best not to wince from the pain that still lingered, "Anytime. Come to me if it ever gets too much and i'll be there. I hope they find the Burned One soon, Professor."

"Me too Clove, me too."

-
hey! hope u guys liked this chapter! sorry if it's iffy 😖 thank you so much for 7k reads!! much love! stay safe!💕