32 ~ 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑒

"Dad!" Terra yells out. The group rushed forward and Sky and Clove layed Sam down on the table. "Sam!" Ben approaches his son and points to someone behind him, "I need Zanbaq, now!" Ben turns to his daughters, "There's so much blood! Why didn't you bring him to me immediately?!"

"Cause we were locked in our room, Dad. Remember?" Terra snaps back at her father. Clove stares down at Sam in shock, the feeling of him being hurt rushing in. She steps back a little feeling overwhelmed. Farah's voice suddenly booms through the room.

"As your aware Burned Ones have infiltrated the barrier and the school. For some reason, the magical energy wells which power everything at the school have failed. I managed to speak with Queen Luna before they did. She understands the gravity of what has happened here and the Solarian nitro ops are on their way. We're barricading all entrances to the courtyard. We're safe for now...but we must prepare for the reality the the burned ones may infiltrate the space before they arrive. This is what we have been training for. Be cautious, but be brave. Let magic guide you and let's show them what it means to be Alfeans." Farrah finishes her speech and people spread out to prepare.

Clove looks back down at Sam as he fights to hold on. She brushes the hair from his face and whispers, "Please hold on Sam. I love you." Clove leans down and kisses his head. Turning around she knows what she has to do.

-
shorter chapter whoops. thanks for everyone who has stuck by me on this book! i'll see you at the next update <3