30 ~ 𝐿𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛

Clove digs her shoe into the ground and moves the dirt beneath her. "Bloom has been in there a long time. What could they be talking about?" Terra questioned. Stella turned to Terra with her arms crossed, "I once heard you talk about dirt for two hours. Dirt. Two hours."

Clove giggled at them but when Terra glanced at her, she coughed to cover it up. "It was soil. We just left Beatrix lying there in Miss Dowlings office. I just want to make sure she's not awake fashioning any shivs."

Musa chuckles, "Don't be ridiculous. It'll be one shiv three times. Stab, stab, stab." Clove scrunches her face in disgust. Musa looks at her and smiles innocently.

"Can we just go and check please?"

Stella rolls her eyes and begins to walk towards the entrance, "Fine, but your overreacting." Clove glances at Terra and shrugs her shoulders, following behind Stella.

Standing in Ms.Dowlings office, there is no sign of Beatrix. "Ah, look at that. She's gone. I'd like my apology via scented, handwritten note after we find her." Terra exclaims. Musa eyes turn purple and Clove puts a hand on her forehead hearing footsteps, "It gets worse."

The four girls turn their heads to the door as Ms. Dowling, Professor Harvey, and Aisha walk in. "You have no idea of the trouble you have caused." Ms.Dowling scolds the girls.

"We were just trying to find the-"

Professor Harvey cuts them off, "Not another word! Come with me." Stella follows after him first and turns to Aisha, "Hope the brownie points you get from this will keep you company when you have no friends." Clove glanced at her, but swiftly averted her eyes to the ground as she followed them out the door.

Entering the dorm, the girls keep their heads lowered and takes a seat on the couches. Clove sits down next to Terra and grips her hand, awaiting the lecture from Ben.

"Insubordination, breaking and entering, endangering the lives of your classmates, and releasing Rosalind? Do you have any idea what you've done? I'd say I was disappointed in you, but this goes way beyond that." He shakes his head and turns to walk out the door.

Terra shoots up with tears in her eyes, "You lied again. About Rosalind. About Aster Dell. About everything. And your angry with us? You can't punish us for not knowing something you didn't tell us. It doesn't make any logical sense."

Ben pauses and turns back to his daughters. He glances to Clove who looks at him with tears in her eyes and back to Terra. "Well, I suggest you all cool down." He opens the door and Clove yells after him, "It's not fair!!" He ignores her and closes the door, locking it behind him.

Terra and Musa walk over to the door, attempting to pull it open. "He's used his magic to seal the doors. I caught him in a logic trap and he's used magic to ground us." Terra rolls her eyes. "That means we've won." Clove points out.

Aisha turns to walk away when Stella stops her, "Uh, where do you think you're going? I always knew that you were a teachers pet. I didn't realize that pet was a rat."

"I was planning on deescalating the situation by removing myself from it. But if you want to escalate-"

"Can we just take 30 seconds please?" Clove steps in. Musa walks away agreeing, "Right. At least let me get my headphones." Once Musa closes the door, Stella and Aisha continue their arguing.

"There are burned ones outside the barrier. Bloom is being selfish. Didn't even care to check on you." Aisha directs towards Clove. "The last thing Ms.Dowling needs is to be worried about Rosalind."

Clove sighs and sits down putting her head in her hands. Suddenly, the lights begin to flicker causing everyone to worry. "Are we having a power outage?" Stella questions.

Clove stands up, "It shouldn't be happening. Alfea is an outpost. The electricity runs on magic. Beneath the school are energy wells designed by-"

"Yeah Clove, I'm going to skip the history lesson and check it out." Sam cuts in and heads towards the door, exiting the room.