17 ~ 𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑏𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒

Clove sprinted through the school and to the stone circle. She didn't see Bloom anywhere so she ran into the woods. Clove heard a twig behind her snap and whipped her head around.

All 4 girls from the suite came running behind her and she continued through the woods. Adrenaline pumping, Clove hears roaring close by and runs faster to the location.

When she arrives, the other girls close, she sees Bloom on the ground along with Sky. She runs forward and the Burned One is blinded. She runs over to Sky quickly and puts a shield around them both.

Terra grabs the Burned One by the leg with a vine and Bloom shoots fire at it. Clove helps Sky stand up, keeping the shield steady. Aisha quickly puts the fire out and Sky walks toward the Burned One, stabbing it with his sword.

Sky pulls his sword out and the Burned One falls down. Clove runs over to Sky, "Are you ok?" He pulls her in a side hug and nods. The other girls slowly walk up to the Burned One. Clove exerts her shield onto the girls, still suspicious about the situation.

Musa's eyes flash purple, "Wait! I don't think it's-" The Burned One pops up goes to attack. Suddenly, a bright light starts inside the creature and takes it down. Everyone looks to see Ms.Dowling standing on a rock.

"No, it wasn't dead. It is now." Clove sighs and turns to look at Sky. He is already looking down at her with a soft smile on his face. She smiles back but remembers Stella is here. Clove looks down and walks towards the girls. Sky sighs and follows behind them all back to the school.

꧁꧂

All girls are sitting on the steps talking quietly among themselves. They hear quick footsteps approaching them and they stand up. "That the lot of you and Headmaster Silva is alive does not change how thoughtless you were. We'll discuss consequences in the morning." Ms. Dowling walks away with a smile on her face.

"Is she like detention pissed off or expulsion pissed off?" Clove says out loud. Musa looks at Clove, "I'm going with the first one, but only because of the tiny bit of pride I also felt in there." All girls smile and see Sky walking towards them.

Clove looks at him with a thoughtful look and turns to the girls, "We should go upstairs." All the girls agree and walk up the stairs except Stella. Clove makes eye contact with Sky and turns away. His eyes follow her figure until she's out of sight.

꧁꧂

The girls make it back to the suite, getting ready for the night. Clove walks past Terra and Musas room and over hears them. She stops by the door to listen. "So your brother seems kind of-"

"Oh god, I know. Awful, sorry." Musa cuts in, "Actually, he seems kind of great." Terra wipes off her lipstick, "Seems being the key word there."

Musa puts on her head phones but makes eye contact with Clove at the door. Clove winks at the girl and walks to her room.She gets inside and closes the door. She sits on her bed and checks social media.

She taps on Beatrixs story and sees a video of Riven, Dane, and Beatrix smoking and making fun of Terra. She rolls her eyes and mumbles, "What an ass." She goes to sets her phone down and turns off the light. Cloves phone dings and she groans. She picks it up and reads:

Sky💫: 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢. 𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠. 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢 :)

Clove grins and texts him back:

Clove🍀: 𝙼𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘. 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛 ;)

She sets her phone down and falls into a restless sleep.

-
hey!! thank you soooooo much for 13.6k reads!! i appreciate all the support on this story! also updated my theme heheh!! stay safe!!💕