18 ~ 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑒

Clove, Astrid, and Bruno all sat on the couch for their family movie night. "Yer a wizard, Harry." Hagrid says on the screen. "Mummy! Hagwid is me favorite perswen" Astrid and Bruno laughs at their daughter. "He's big and funny!" Clove giggles.

The family continues to watch the magical movie and snacking on popcorn. Suddenly, banging is heard from outside. Astrid and Bruno's heads snap up while little Clove is still fixated on the movie.

Bruno turns to his wife, "I need you both to stay here. I'm going to check it out," Astrid grabs his hand, "No. no. You can't. What if it's them?" Bruno softly smiled at his wife and lent down for a kiss. He turns to Clove and strokes her cheek. Clove looks at her dad with her brown baby doe eyes and smiles.

Bruno leaves the small cabin to go check out the noise. Astrid pauses the movie and Clove whines. She picks up Clove and rests her on her hip. Astrid grabs her phone and calls someone in case there is a serious problem.

Suddenly, she hears Bruno yelling. She yells in the phone for them to hurry and runs to the closet. She sets Clove down, "Ok little flower I need to you stay quiet and stay here. Mom is gonna go help your dad. I love you so much baby. We love you so much. Be strong my flower."

Clove watches her mom leave and starts crying. She was confused. Little Clove heard screaming outside and opened the closet door. She waddled her way out and opened the front door to the house.

Outside was chaos. Her mom had a sword in hand fighting the big creature while her dad created a water barrier. "Mummy! Daddy!" Clove screamed. They momentarily got distracted and didn't notice the second Burned One approaching.

It pounced on Astrid and knocked the sword out of her hand. It stabbed her in the stomach. Bruno continued to fight the best he could but both creatures took him down. Clove stood at the door sobbing, "MUMMY! DADDY! COME BACK!"

The creature turned toward the wailing girl and charged at her. Farah, Silva, Ben, and Rosalind arrived at the scene. Silva ran to the crying girl and scooped her up bringing her inside. Rosalind and Farah ran to take down the Burned Ones. Ben ran to Astrid and Ben in hopes of helping them. He looked down at the couple, torn up and bloodied. Ben felt for a pulse, but couldn't find one on either.

Inside, little Clove wailed and cried for her parents. With so much emotion built up, her shield came upon her and knocked Silva back. She ran out the front door to her parents. Clove jumped in between them and cried out for them. That night was hardest for them all as they lost 2 dead friends and Clove lost her family.

-
heyyy. hope u liked this chapter. this is what happened to her parents which is sad :( thank you so much for 16k reads! i never imagined this book to get this big at all! stay safe!!💕