💘Valentines day💘

Brooklyn P.O.V.

I've never been huge on Valentine's day, usually Dawson and I would just get each other candy and call it a day but this year. He has Cat and I have Dallas. Dawson and Cat are off all day doing who knows what and Dallas is on his way over.  It's our first Valentine's together and I'm actually quite excited. Dallas and I are going to the riverfront for lunch then coming back to my house. And since it's only February it's still relatively cold. So, I have on my grey plaid pants with a red spaghetti tank top tucked in, and a red fluffy jacket. I quickly slide on my ankle boots as I walk downstairs, purse in hand. After I make sure all the lights are off, I hear Dallas's car pull up and I walk outside just as he's getting out. Dallas is in his usual black jeans but he's also wearing a dark red button-down shirt that's tucked in with his black tennis shoes, "Don't you look stunning, my love," Dallas says as his eyes rack over me, causing me to shift awkwardly on my heels, "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself," he smirks and leans back into his car to pull out a bouquet of pink Lillies and a backpack with clothes, "Oh, Dallas, they're gorgeous," I gush and take them from him once he's close enough. He smiles at me and leans down to kiss my cheek. I walk back inside and Dallas follows, after he closes the door, dropping his bag by the door, and walks into the kitchen. "I see you pulled out that redshirt finally," I say after I put the flowers ina vase with water and turn to face him. "Figured today would be a good day," he shrugs and pulls me into his chest with his arms around my waist, "Happy Valentine's Day, sweetheart," Dallas whispers, and I look up to wrap my arms around his neck, "Happy Valentine's day, baby," I reply and Dallas presses a soft kiss to my lips before pulling back, "Shall we," he asks and I nod, "We shall." Dallas holds my hand as we walk to his car and opens the door for me. I slid in and he closes the door then walks to his side and gets in, "You do have a jacket right, it's supposed to be cold," I say once he gets in and takes my hand to intertwine our fingers and rest them on his thigh, "Of course I have a jacket," he says and glances at me as he begins to drive down to the riverfront. "Okay, so, I'm thinking tonight, we watch Winter Soldier," I say breaking the silence and look at Dallas, "As you wish," he says and lifts our hands to kiss mine. I smile and lean across the center console to kiss him on the cheek, "I swear if you got any lipstick on me," Dallas says glancing at me, I laugh and shake my head, "I haven't put any on yet," and he nods. Once Dallas finds a place to park we get out and Dallas grabs his jean jacket to put on. 

The Riverfront is busy, no surprise it's full of couples. Dallas weaves us through the crowd to the greek restaurant that he knows I love. Once we get our seats we both order sweet tea and gyros. "Do you know what Dawson and Cat are doing today," I ask. "I know they're coming down to the front later and then he's spending the night at her house," Dallas shrugs and reaches across the table to hold my hand, "I love you," Dallas says softly and I smile at him, "I love you, too," I respond softly. Dallas smiles, "So, is Pia mad that you aren't with her," I ask raising a brow, Dallas groans and rolls his eyes, "Mood killer. And I don't really care if Pia is mad, she isn't my girlfriend," I smile and squeeze his hand. "Damn straight, you're stuck with me," Dallas squeezes my hand back, "And I wouldn't have it any other way," he says, his voice full of sincerity. Once the food comes we eat in silence and then split the bill, much to Dallas's dismay. We spend a little bit of time walking around hand-in-hand looking at the water, "Let's take a photo," I say pulling Dallas over to the water. "Lets's not, I'll take a photo of you though," Dallas says and I shake my head, "No, I want a photo with you," I say and look up at him. "I'm not going to win this fight am I," he asks and I shake my head, "Nope," "Fine," he sighs and I smile wide while getting my phone out. We take a few selfies and then I ask an older couple that was passing by to take a few photos, which they gladly do. Dallas on the other hand isn't as excited but he smiles and wraps his arm around my waist, and kisses the top of my head. "You two are a beautiful couple," the older lady says while holding out my phone. I smile softly and take my phone, "Thank you, so are you two," the lady smiles and they begin walking away hand-in-hand and I can't help but wonder if maybe that will be Dallas and me in the future. 

"What are you thinking about," Dallas asks as he takes my hand again. I look up at him and into his dark chestnut eyes and smile, "Nothing, nothing," I say and lean up to kiss his jaw. Dallas smirks and leans down to kiss my forehead. "Come on let's go back to yours and watch Winter Soldier," Dallas says and we begin to walk back to his car. The drive back to mine is quiet with Dallas holding my hand the entire time. 

After we get back to my house, I take off my makeup and braid my hair. I walk out of the bathroom to see Dallas has already changed into black joggers and a white shirt, "Here," he says holding out a deep green hoodie, "You just made me give you all of yours back," I say, and take the hoodie, "Well, I can take it back if you don't want it," "No," I say quickly and Dallas chuckles, "Okay then," I smile and walk to get a pair of black leggings out then head back into the bathroom, "You can change in here you know," Dallas says and I look at him, "Nothing I haven't seen before," he says with a smirk. "You wish," I say closing the door, "Damn straight," he replies loudly. I laugh and quickly change before walking back out, putting my clothes in the hamper, and jumping onto the bed next to Dallas. "Beautiful," Dallas mummers and kisses my lips. "Handsome," I smile and he stands up, "I almost forgot," he says and digs in his bag before pulling out a black velvet box. I sit up and look up at him, "What's that," I as excitedly. Dallas laughs and holds it out, "Your present," he says and sits on the edge of the bed. I smile at him and open the box to reveal a pair of small diamond earrings. "Oh, Dallas," I smile and move to the edge of the bed to hug him. "Thank you," I say and he wraps his arms around me, "Your welcome," I kiss his cheek and get up. "Your turn," I say and go to my chest of drawers and grab a box, then walk back over to him. "Here," I say handing it to him. He opens it and inside is two small red bracelet's with black pieces in the center, "They're magnets in the center," I explain and Dallas picks the bracelets up, "We both wear one and when we're holding hands or whatever they connect," I say and Dallas nods with a small smile, "Maybe it's dumb," I shrug and Dallas snaps his head to look at me, "It is not dumb, it's thoughtful and the best gift, not including my birthday or Christmas present from you," he says with a smile. I smile nervously and he sets one of the bracelets on the bed. "Give me your wrist," Dallas says softly and I hold it out. He carefully puts it on me. "There," he says and I grab the other one off the bed, "Your turn," I say and he holds his wrist out. I put it on and he smiles, "I love it, sweetheart. I love you," I flush and he smirks, "I'm glad. I love you too," I say nervously.  

 "Come on let's watch the movie," he says. I reach over and move the velvet box with my earrings to the bedside table before getting back in. Dallas sets the box down and lays next to me, he puts his arm around me, I settle into his arms and lay my head on his chest as he loads Winter Soldier on my tv then presses play. Dallas kisses the top of my head, "Happy Valentine's, my love," Dallas whispers, "Happy Valentine's, baby," I whisper in response. The same sense of calmness washes over me as it always does when Dallas is holding me and his scent is all around me like a blanket and I know, no matter what, this boy will always be my safe place. And I know, without a doubt, the best Valentine's Day in my life.