Chapter 18

Brooklyn P.O.V.

                                                                                   Thanksgiving

I wake up in the morning to get dressed in my blue ankle length jeans with small rips in the knees, a white shirt, a long sweater that's orange and my, brown ankle length boots, Angelica called to tell us to show up around 11am so that's what my mother and I, a part of my hopes Dallas will somehow be there but I know very well he won't which does make me sad but I get it in his jail. Jail. I still refuse to believe he killed Alice but I'm starting to realize I honestly don't know him that well the longer he's gone which makes me sadder the more I think about it. Deciding not to dwell on it for to long, I join in the conversation about whatever they were talking about. After dinner I help my mom and Angelica clean up before joining Eric and Dawson in watching random TV shows then Angelica convinces my mom and I to stay the night, it's been weird not seeing Dallas the atmosphere is sad and tense none of us want to bring Dallas or my dad it's my first holiday without him and it's difficult since we always did holidays together no matter what. 

Angelica allows me to stay in Dallas's room and lets my mother sleep in the guest room, I find myself unable to fall asleep with my mind running everywhere about Dallas I don't think he did it however, I continue to realize I don't know that much about him granted he doesn't know much about me either we sorta just dived into this relationship I don't regret it I just wish I knew more about him and i'm sure I will if he gets out, no when he gets out not if because he will he has to I slowly fall asleep in Dallas's bed curled up and holding onto one of his pillows...

I wake up suddenly and covered in sweat due to another nightmare from about my dad being killed, they've only happened three times but each time terrifies me more then the last time I get out of Dallas's bed and change into one of his shirts from the closet and change into it before getting back into his bed and try to fall back asleep, but I don't seem to able to sleep so I head downstairs to get water and see Dawson eating left over food in the kitchen then notice its 4am "What are you doing up" I ask Dawson "Eatin-why are you up? Is that Dallas's shirt" he says confused and I nod "Y-yeah it is I didn't bring a change of clothes" 

I say and grab a bottle of water "Fair enough sleeping in jeans suckkkkkk" he laughs "Have you talked or seen him?" I turn around and face him "I haven't seen him but I've talked to him" he says and looks at me with a sad expression "Has anyone seen him?" I ask nervously "Y-yeah my parents went yesterday they said he's okay as he can be and that he misses you"    "I miss him too" I say sadly and look down "Apparently they have eyewitnesses but they also have eyewitnesses who say he was inside the house" he sighs and gets up to put his plates away.

 "Eyewitnesses!?" I say panicked "It'll be okay there's more people saying inside the house then people saying that he was outside" he  says and puts everything around before turning around again to face me "It'll all work out his lawyer is best in the state apparently" he smiles slightly "Yeah I talked to her briefly like a week ago"   "You talked to Houston?"    "Yeah he uh he got her to call me one day"     "Damn he is whipped for you Brook" he says laughing and I can't help but blush "I really like him Dawson"     "He really likes you too Brook" he says with a smile "The first time we talked to him he was so worried about you, you're the first person he asked about" he says and I blush again and smile thinking about Dallas despite the fact I've started to realize I don't know a ton about him "Worried about me!? That boy should be worried about him he's the one in jail"    "Oh please I think he would try to break out jail if you weren't okay Brook" he says laughing and I join in with him "We should go to bed yeah"    "Yeah" we say then head up with me in Dallas's room and Dawson in his room and this time I fall into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning I wake up and head downstairs to only find Dawson and Mr. grey sitting eating breakfast upon asking where our moms are I am informed that they went out black Friday shopping figures the do every year I end up eating a apple and watch random TV till Dawson drives me home because we only took one car and my mom took it this morning to go shopping, once I get up I tidy the house up some because my mom and I both haven't been in the mood to after everything that has happened. My mind continues to wander to Dawson's and I talk last night in the kitchen he really does care about me and I really care about him but, eyewitnesses!? Worries me beyond how I could ever describe, as I go about my day I try not to think about Thanksgiving that should've been Dallas's and mine first holiday together but instead he's in jail for a murder he didn't commit right?.....