Chapter 32

Brooklyn P.O.V.

I wake up in the morning with my phone on the side of the bed when I check it I notice a text from Dallas

Dallas Grey
"Merry Christmas Eve sweetheart I'll see you tonight"-7:35am

"Merry Christmas Eve Dall I'll see you soon"-10:53am

after I sent my reply I get up, brush my hair, brush my teeth, the usual. I head downstairs to see that my mom has already gone to work so I make some oatmeal and then head back to my room to pack all the presents into a duffel bag after I make sure they're all in the bag I decide to get dressed in high rise jeans, a cropped red sweater, and my red converse.

I shoot Dawson a text to see if he wants to meet up for some hot coco, since I don't like coffee. He agrees and we decide to meet up at the local coffee shop.

I grab my wallet and phone, then head and downstairs and to the shop. When I get there Dawson is already inside and ordered our usual.

"Merry Christmas eve Dawson," I say as we stand and we hug.

 "Merry Christmas Eve," He replies and we sit down and I take a sip of my drink, "Salted caramel how'd you know?" I tease and he chuckles.

"You excited for Christmas?" He asks and I nod, "Yeah I am, it was really nice of your mom to invite my mom and me over for Christmas," I say and he nods.

"Both Dallas and I wanted you to come we knew it would be hard since your dad," he says and sips on his drink. "It's sweet of the both of you," I say and smile at him.

"How have you been we haven't seen each other in what feels like forever," I say and he smiles and I can tell he has something he wants to tell me something 

"Good I've been good, I uh met someone," he says and looks at his cup before looking back at me. "You met someone? Do tell Dawson," I say and smile, eager to hear more.

"We met at Lailiette's party, she's great, funny, British, a little clumsy, she's also stunning oh my gosh Brook she's the most beautiful I've ever seen, no offense," he says and continues to ramble on about this mystery girl, he has a huge smile and his eye light up as he goes on and on about her. 

"What's her name," I ask and he smiles, "Caitlin," he says and takes a sip of his coffee, I'll never understand how anyone likes it.

"She sounds amazing Dawson, is she coming over on Christmas?" I asked eagerly to meet this girl that has my best friend so excited, he shakes his head, "No, sadly, but I'm going over to her house sometime tomorrow, she starting at our school after a break," he says and I nod.

"You seem happy Daw, I'm happy for you," I say with a smile. Dawson returns the smile, "So you and Dallas seem happy,"

"We are. I really like him," I say staring down at my drink. 

"Oh come, on you know you love him," he says teasingly but with a hint of seriousness.

I flush and smile, "What?" I say and look at him.

"Admit it Brook you're in love with Dallas," he says with a cheeky smile and I shake my head, "Maybe I am, so what?" 

Dawson smirks and shakes his head, "I knew it," he says with a victorious smile.

The bells of the coffee shop sound and a girl that looks to be a bit shorter then me, blonde hair with brown peeking through the roots. She's wearing ripped black jeans and a cropped black sweater.

I look back at Dawson to see him staring at this girl. Suddenly she looks back at us, she has bright green eyes and a fair complexion like myself.

"Is that her?" I whisper and he nods as she walks over, "Hey Dawson," She's British, her accent is evident. 

"Hey, cat," he says and his eyes brighten and smile grows larger. After a second he looks at me then at Cat. "Where are my manners? Brooklyn meet Cat, Cat this is Brooklyn, my best friend."

Cat turns to me and puts her hand out with a smile. "The Brooklyn? I've heard a lot about you."

We shake hands and I smile back at her, "I've heard a lot about you too, and call me Brook,"  

"All good things I hope." She says nervously as they call her name for her drink, "It was nice to meet you, Brook, I'll see you tomorrow Dawson?" 

"Actually I have to go going if you want to stay cat," I say and stand.

Cat smiles and agrees to stay but goes to get her drink quickly. Dawson gives me a hug, "See you tonight Brook," Dawson says and I smile, "See you tonight Daw." I reply and get in my car to drive back home.