Chapter 17

Brooklyn P.O.V.

I do end up eating some of the food but not for me but, because I told Dallas I would. After we eat people continue to talk and offer their condolences once more before leaving Dawson stays to help us clean up then he leaves and It's just me and my mom, she decides to head to bed early. I know she's drained and tired from the days events so I head to my room as well I fall on my bed after changing out of my dress and heels into my sweatpants and Dallas's hoodie and falling asleep.

The next morning I wake up and change into jeans before heading to the store for my mom to get grocery's that we needed, as I shop I hear people whispering about me but not just me Dallas as well and it hurts to know people think he did it I just can't imagine my Dallas murdering someone, the whispers quickly become to much so I shop faster and get out as fast as I can. I Can't help but let tears roll down my cheeks as i'm crying my phone begins to ring but I don't know the number so I decline but the same number calls me again so I try to compose myself enough to answer.

 "Hello?" I say "Is this miss. Brooklyn Bennett?" I hear through the phone "It is. Who is this?"  "This is Dallas's lawyer, Houston. Do you have a minute?"   "Y-yes I do"   "Amazing" she says then I hear muffled talking "P-please let me talk to h-her" is all I can hear is that..... DALLAS that was Dallas's voice "Five minutes Dallas that's all I can do but i'm staying in the room" I hear Houston I believe she said her name was then I hear his voice "Hey brook" it is Dallas "H-hi"    "What's wrong?"      "What? Nothing everything's fine"      "Brook" he says his voice is stern but soft "Just whispers" I say quietly "Ignore them baby everything will be okay"    "You say that every time Dallas but it feels like nothing is going to be okay" I say picking at my ripped jeans "Sweetheart I'll be home soon it's a process okay?"      "I know I know"      "Just a little longer okay? Then I'll be back home" he says trying to comfort me "Okay, how are you Dallas?"     "Good as I can you know trying to prove I didn't kill A-alice" with his voice breaking when he says her name "Dallas i'm sorry but times up" I hear Houston say "Okay. Hey I have to go okay? It'll be okay sweetheart see you soon"   "See you soon" I say then the line goes dead.

The day goes by slowly as they all have for the past week this Thursday is Thanksgiving and I am in no mood to celebrate and neither is my mom or the Grey's they're hoping that Dallas will be able to get out on bail before Thanksgiving but i'm starting to lose hope I know they could most likely afford the bond because while they aren't rich they have a good amount of money. Later that day I continue to try to keep my mind off Dallas and my dad by watching Elite my phone rings and its Angelica to tell me that my mom and I are invited to Thanksgiving dinner if we would like to, I tell her that I'd talk to my mom then we end the call. My mind keeps going back to Dallas and how he must have convinced his lawyer, Houston, to call me, my heart flutters at the thought of him doing that.

The next day my mom and I decide to go to the Grey's house for Thanksgiving dinner and Angelica only asks us to bring the sweet tea which we agree to of course, my mom tells me all about how busy bookings are getting because of the holidays and I can't help but get excited they always mean so much to me my mom and I still have some Halloween decorations up but Halloween is a story for another time...

                                              THREE DAYS LATER (the day before Thanksgiving)

I haven't heard from Dallas recently which doesn't surprise me I know his lawyer must be hard at work to get him out on bail I wish I was going to able to see him on Thanksgiving but I doubt it and refuse to get my hopes up, I'm still processing my dads death though it is getting easier but still hurts and most likely will for a while I've started getting nervous and startled at almost any noise as well as a few nightmares but not the absolute worst, worries about Dallas have also arisen due to everyone talking and assuming anything and everything so I've stopped leaving my house as much as I can and avoid going on any social medias if I can as it's to painful to see people assuming over. However tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I for now can't wait to eat Angelica's cooking I've already prepared two pitchers of sweet tea and quite possibly my favorite drink everything seems to be going as good as it can when your boyfriend is in jail and your dad is dead. I can't help but hope the somehow Dallas will get to come home for Thanksgiving.......