Chapter 35

Brooklyn P.O.V.

After we ate we all decided to go watch a random Hallmark movie, much to the boy's dismay. Dawson had gotten used to watching them with me throughout the years, Dallas never watched them with us, he was always gone somewhere or up in his room.

Once the movie finishes we all decide to head to our rooms for the night. Dallas went to take a shower and I went to his closet and got out one of his hoodies and a pair of black leggings  from my back then laid on his bed scrolling through Instagram on my phone. 

"I leave for 10 minutes and you take one of my hoodies," I heard Dallas say as he walks out in his black joggers and no shirt showing off his slight abs and dove tattoo. 

"They're comfy," I say with a shrug and he chuckles, "Fair enough, love," Dallas said which made me look at him, "That just came out-shit that's not how I meant to tell you," he says in a slight panic.

I stand and walk over to him, "You love me," I ask in a shaky tone and he nods shyly, and his eyes search mine frantically, "D-do you uh love me," he asks and I smile a huge smile, "I love you, Dallas Grey," I say and stand on my tippy toes to wrap my arms around his neck.

He lets out a sigh of relief and hugs me tight, "I love you too, Brooklyn Bennett," he whisperers in my ear. I smile and look up at him, "Really," I ask quietly, as my doubts set in about my last relationship he said he loved me. he lied.   

Dallas nods, "Really," he whispers seriously calming all my nerves. We hug quickly then decide to lay on his bed with my head on his chest and his arms holding me. 

My mind begins to drift as I think about my last relationship and how it ended, with me going to his house and finding him in bed with another girl mid-way through sophomore year. Dallas could be lying and no matter how hard I try to remind myself that Dallas would never hurt me.

The thoughts are always waiting for a prime moment to jump out just like right now. The thoughts of doubt that he's lying, that he'll cheat just like Andrew did. Dallas would never do that to me, right?

My mind begins to drift back to when I found Pia on top of him on his bed that day. He wasn't lying, was he? What if he was lying? 

These thoughts run in my head worrying about if Dallas is lying to me-playing me. Can you imagine if I fell for someone that only hurt me again? I couldn't go through it. 

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours," Dallas asks as he begins to twirl a piece of my hair which somehow always manages to calm me down, " I know something is bothering you brook," he says again only this time his voice is softer and more worried. 

"Nothing, nothing," I respond and sit up, "Can I go take a shower," I ask figuring it'd be a good idea. "At 11 P.M.? I suppose, are you sure you're okay?" he asks and I nod, "Yeah, just can't fall asleep and figured a hot shower might help," I say and he nods, "There should be extra towels in there," he says. 

I get up and walk into the bathroom when I hear Dallas say my name, "Hey Brook," he says and I look back at him, "Yeah," I ask, "Are you sure you're okay? You know I'm here for you or I could go get Dawson he's probably still up talking to Cat," he says and I laugh and shake my head, "No leave Dawson alone, " I say and close the door. 

After my quick hot shower where I try to gather my emotions, I put my clothes back on and walk out to Dallas and climb back into his arms. My safe place, I think. "Will you please tell me what's wrong," Dallas asks and I sigh, "I was just thinking," I reply.

"Sweetheart," that damn nickname every time he calls me that butterfly erupted in my stomach. "I can tell somethings wrong," he says and I sit up. "Do you remember Andrew? The guy I dated freshman and halfway through sophomore year," I ask and Dallas nods as he sits up, "Yeah I do, Dawson always said that dude was a dick and I agree," Dallas says and I nod as tears pool in my eye, "Yeah he was, I- one day I went to go surprise him at his house," I start and wipe the few tears that managed to fall down my cheek as I stare at my lap, too afraid to make eye contact with Dallas, "I went up to his room, his parents weren't home, and I heard moans and when I opened the door to his bedroom, he was on top of a girl," I say then take a deep breath as I continue to pull at my fingers when I feel Dallas wraps his arms around me. 

"Baby girl," he says softly and holds me tight, "I would never and I mean never do that to you," he says and runs his hand up and down my back, "It's why we broke up you know, I didn't want to put out so he found someone that would. Then instead of waiting when I did have sex it was with some rando at a party," I say and take a breath," Andrew said he loved me. He lied." I say and bury my head into Dallas's chest as I feel his heartbeat rapidly.

Dallas holds me in his arms and continues to whisper reassuring things into my ear. After a little while Dallas pulls away slightly as he looks down at me, "Brook," he says and I look up at him.