Chapter 19

Brooklyn P.O.V.

As the day drags I help my mom unload everything she bought, I remember about the times before Dallas and I were together and he would come home with random girls and piss drunk most nights when I was over with Dawson watching random movies which really makes me realize how much he really did party and had sex don't get me wrong I'm not a virgin but I haven't had as much sex as Dallas,

 I continue with my day trying not think about Dallas but I can't help but wonder about how he is doing? Is he okay? Is he eating? Is he safe? Everything is worrying me about him knowing he's in jail and I can't help him get out I feel so useless my mind continues to run a million miles a hour wondering if he'll get out.

 The weekend goes by in a flash somehow most of it I spend asleep or preparing to go back to school, I wake up on Monday and get dressed in blue jeans and a cropped thin strapped white tank top with my Fila tennis shoes, grabbing my book bag I head off to school. As I arrive and walk into the schools I hear them again the whispers about Dallas wondering if he did it, why he did it, how he did it, so many other whispers circulate and the stares, the damn stares from everyone to me, Dawson, Pia,Bo, Asher, all of his friends really, I go through the no, correction more like float through the day.

I go to my classes I take notes, rinse and repeat all day, trying to ignore the stares, the whispers, all of it, then I go back home and, i'm all alone again with no Dallas and Dawson has to work on a project, Mason requested a new partner after Dallas got arrested but no one wants to work with the girlfriend of someone who's in jail for murder, I don't blame them why would they? I work on the project Mason and I were supposed to do together but it's going pretty well so far. 

My mom comes home later in the night and heads straight to bed considering Thanksgiving just happened and everyone is checking out and making reservations for Christmas time, usually i'm excited for Christmas I am excited but I miss Dallas and I'm worried that he won't get out in time I try not to worry nor think about that a lot because I have faith in Houston that she'll get him out or that they'll catch the real killer.

 I walk into school the next day and Dawson walks over to me "Hey guess what" he says with a smirk "Hey what's up" I say looking up at him "So we say Dallas yesterday" they saw him? My heart begins to race worrying if he's okay "And guess who was the first person he asked about"   "I wonder" I say with a laugh "Man was so worried about you not the fact that he's in a legit prison but oh he must worry about his precious girlfriend" he ends in a high pitched voice, I laugh "How sweet, he really shouldn't worry about me though I'm okay, he should be worried about himself"    

 "I agree, but Houston said there's a good chance on getting him out on bail apparently so that's good" he says as we start to walk to class and ignore the stares and whispers we get "Hopefully before Christmas" he agrees and we part ways as we go about class. 

After classes I decide to treat myself and go to a coffee shop and get a Salted Caramel Mocha and a Oatmeal cookie then I even get majority of my homework done while at the coffee shop then I head home and do the dishes and tidy up not that there was much to do but anything to keep my mind of Dallas and my dad, 

I still refuse to believe he's gone I try to trick myself into thinking he's just at work and my mom is throwing herself into work but she's always busy this time of year. Besides i'm used to being alone but I decide to invite Dawson over to watch some "Elite", so, of course, he comes and watch watch "Elite" and eat random snack from around the house all the sudden Dawson says "He really misses you Brook" he sighs and continues to watch the show "I really miss him" I say and look down at the hoodie of his that i'm wearing and sigh "But it'll be okay you said Houston is doing a good job at getting him out" I say hopefully

 "On bail" he corrects me "Yeah yeah on bail but still" I say then we continue to watch our show around 9pm Dawson leaves after we finished the second season. My mom gets home soon after so we talk for a while and she says that it's starting to calm down at work but she knows it's just going to pick back up in less then a month "Do you think he'll get out in time for Christmas mom?" I ask quietly "Who?" she responds sounding confused "Dallas"    "Ah Dallas, well I sure hope so everyone knows Dallas wouldn't kill his best friend"   

  "People are talking and staring at me and all his friends" she pulls me into a hug and rubs her hands up and down my back like she always does so I wrap my arms around her and sigh "It'll all work out Brook okay?"    "Okay, one more thing"    "Okay?"     "Dad died the same way" I say carefully "I know some people think it's connected some not" I let go of my mom and look at her "What do the cops think?"      "They uh" she clears her throat "They think he was murdered based on how it was done"   "How did it happen?"   

   "He was struck right between the ribs" she says and I gasp "He was what!?"    "I'm so sorry honey" my mom says and gives me a hug but I don't cry I don't think I can cry anymore after everything that has happened, we stay hugging each other until we both decide to go to sleep. Right after I finish showering and getting ready for bed I lay down on my bed as my phone starts to ring and when I check the caller ID I see that it''s Angelica?? What does she need?....