Chapter 5

Brooklyn P.O.V.

It's Thursday now Dallas still hasn't talked to me even If I do catch him looking at me at lunch, the only thing I got was a text from him to make sure we still are doing our movie night. I still don't understand why he wouldn't talk to me but I try not to think about that too often, I decided to test my luck and wear a pair of joggers and a long-sleeve T-shirt in hope of Dallas giving me his hoodie it's about 9:40 pm so I head over to his house and knock on it and Dallas greets me saying that his brother and parents are at something out of town for the night, nodding, we walk up to Dallas's room where he has popcorn and two sodas and sits down on his bed and I join him sitting next to him.

As we're watching the movie I do slowly get chilly and shiver "You cold?" Dallas says glancing at me "A little yeah" I reply and he looks at me and tells me to get a hoodie from his closet I smile to myself as I get one of his black hoodies and putting it on and right before I sit down he opens his arms and I obviously agree and get into his arms and lays my head on his chest just like I did before with his arm around me only this time he twirls my hair as we watch the movie in silence.

After the movie ends I get up to leave and Dallas shows me out and before I leave he says "Hey just so you know don't think this is anything special between us your Dawson's best friend and I want my hoodie back tomorrow" I just nod and get in my car to drive home what he said hurt more then I thought it would I knew he would say that so I'm not sure why it hurts but I shake it off and fall into my bed and fall asleep in Dallas's hoodie. 

Friday rolls around and I find Dallas and give him a hoodie quickly without saying a word he looked confused when I walked up his car to give it back as if he didn't tell me to give it back. Walking to my first class, which is Precalculus, and watch Dallas walk in wearing the hoodie I just gave to him. The day passes too slowly for my liking as I see Dallas looking at me in almost all of our shared classes, we only share Precalc, World gov., and Chemistry.

Once school is over I head to Dawson's house to work on our English report on Jane Austins Pride and Prejudice,which I loved the romance of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett was just so beautifully written, Dawson felt indifferent like it was just another romance novel we read for school. I briefly as he heads upstairs to his room, the room I was just in last night laying in his arms but, I doubt that will happen again after what he said last night. I decide to head to my house around 6 pm to eat dinner with my parents with and we talk about their workday and my school day and we all agree to go to the funeral to support Dallas after we finish and clean the table my parents and I talk for a while longer about their work trip since we haven't talked a lot after about an hour or two they go to bed and as I'm heading to my room I hear someone knock on the door checking and I see it's Dallas what is he doing here at this time of the night I wonder.

Before I can fully open the door Dallas has his arms around me crying. shocked is an understatement but I quickly wrap my arms around him and somehow close the door as I hold him "What happened? Are you okay?" he stays silent crying into my shoulder after some time passes I ask him if he wants to go to my room and he nods and lets go of me and we head to my room with him taking my hand as we walk and then we lay on my bed. When we are both comfortable he lays his head on my lap and I run my fingers through his hair and he finally explains he's been crying "Tomorrow is the last time I'll see her brook" I look down at him and reply "I'm so sorry Dallas but hey she's looking down at you and in a better place"  "People think I did it"  "What?" I reply confused everyone knows Dallas and Alice were best friends "I didn't do it she was my best friend"  "I know you didn't Dallas" he looks so sad and I don't think I've ever seen him look so sad in all my years of knowing him.

Slowly he sits up and sits next to me "I'm sorry for being an utter ass to you yesterday after the movie"  "It's okay Dallas" we look at each other and I start to notice small details I never noticed like the little scar above his right eyebrow and the small dimple he has, the black lip ring he got over summer I remember thinking that he became more attractive I always thought he was hot but once he got the lip ring I think he got hotter, our eyes lock and we stare at each other his eyes seem almost to be darker then his normal chocolate brown eyes, we both slowly lean in closing our eyes until our lips lock and we kiss its a soft kiss and at the same time we both pull away and look at each other before we kiss again. We pull away once more and we end up watching some bad comedy movie with my head on his chest and his arm over mine until he tells me he has to leave and right before I close the door he gives me one more small kiss before leaving. I head back upstairs and fall asleep with my dreams being of a boy with a lip ring and dark brown eyes......