Chapter 3

Brooklyn P.O.V.

It's been about a week since Alice died the cops continue to question Dallas about that night and everyone in school is so sad whether they knew her or not I've rarely seen Dawson other than school, our parents don't want us to leave the house other then school, According to him Dallas has been doing okay acting as if his best friend wasn't killed he seems rather okay only spending time with his friends in school and never talking to me. He hasn't spoken a word since that night he brought me flowers and let me hug him I thanked Angelica for the flowers but she said she didn't tell Dallas to do anything for me I just assumed that he didn't want to admit he bought the flowers so I never brought it up. 

Slamming my laptop shut and let out a groan of frustration "Are you okay in there?" I hear my dad ask from the other side of the door, "Super dad." I say sarcastically. He opens the door and sits on my bed, "What's the wrong brook?"  "I can't figure out this speech," I say with a sigh and lean back on my bed "Why don't you go to Dawson's house for the day we've been talking to his parents and they think it'd be good for you guys to hang out again" immediately I hop out of bed and change into a pair of ripped jeans, it's started to get colder here, and my Disney World hoodie, from when we went a few years ago, then driving over to Dawson's house without telling him. I knock on the door until Dawson opens it and hugs me tight which I obviously hug him back tight then walking over to Angelica and giving her a hug when I hear someone clearing their throat behind me

 "Couldn't stay away for a week could you" turning I see Dallas "Miss me Dallas?" I say with a playful smirk "You wish brook" he says walking to the kitchen grabbing a water bottle then going up to his room "How is he doing?" "He's alright, doesn't really talk about it" I nod then sit on the couch next to Dawson and we flip through different shows until I get up and go upstairs to use the bathroom and hear sniffling coming from Dallas's room. I finally decide to knock on his door softly and open it "Hey" he's sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands, slowly his eyes meet mine his being bloodshot, which I swear I didn't notice before. "What do you want brook" his voice cracking when he talks "I heard you crying and wanted to check on you," I say slowly walking to him and eventually sitting next to him on the bed "I'm fine brook you can go" "I think I'll stay".

Eventually, I put my arm around his shoulder and he sighs "Thank you brook" "You're  welcome Dallas" slowly he looks at me and then my lips then back at my eyes all the sudden he stands up "You should go I'm sure Dawson is wondering where you went" nodding I get up and walk back downstairs to Dawson "Where'd you go?" "My parents called to make sure I was alright," I say did I just lie for Dallas? I wonder as Dawson and I go back to watching whatever day time tv show was on.

Maybe an hour later Dallas comes downstairs in his outfit of black jeans and a red T-shirt, our eyes make contact for a minute then he looks away and continues into the kitchen shaking my head slightly I look back at the TV, and out of the corner of my eye I see Dallas watching me? Slowly my eyes move to look at him and he is staring at me his eyes are still slightly red from crying earlier and his hair is all over his face but he runs a hand through it to push it off his forehead, then he winks at me and heads to his back yard.

My eyes go back to the TV show Dawson and I are watching my mind slowly drifting between the show and the boy who was just crying on my shoulder less than an hour ago.....