Chapter 1

Brooklyn P.O.V.

"Everyone says high school is the worst or best years of your life and I couldn't agree more from the crappy food in the cafeteria to the teachers who didn't actually teach-" sighing I continue to write and rewrite my speech for graduation but I can never find the correct words to explain high school, graduation is in nine months, and I still don't know why they want me to give a speech I'm the smartest granted I'm not dumb either I'm just your average student I close my laptop deciding to give myself a break before re-writing the speech again.

I text my best friend Dawson asking if he wants to hang out at my house it's Saturday and my parents are both at some convention for my dad's work, he owns a dentist office and my mom is a manager at one of the local hotels here in Savannah, Dawson replies quickly saying he'll be over soon knowing him that'll be in at least 20 minutes even if his house is about a 10-minute drive, I decided to get up and be semi-useful of my time and take care of the laundry that's been left on my desk chair for about 2 days after putting the shirts on hangers and up in my closet, I hear a knock on my door just in time I think as I head downstairs to my door my house is a simple two-story townhouse you enter into the living room and the kitchen is on the left with stairs on the right the house has an overall homey feel with everything be white or grey with a bright pop of color on the wall or the pillows on the couch.

I open the door and Dawson walks into my house and giving my a hug "Hey brook" he said in his usual cheerful voice "Hey daw" I replied and closed the door behind him as he walked in and took his normal spot on the couch "where are your parents?" he asked "At some dentist thing in Tampa so they're out of town for the weekend" I replied and sat next to him and we decide to watch Hamilton, We act out all of the songs in the shows, then Dawson gets a text from his mom to come home dinner and asks me if I want to join which of course i say yes, his mom is a amazing cook, so we get in both our cars, his being a 2018 Honda civic in a white and mine being a 2018 Chevy cruze in a light blue almost a grey, once we parked in the driveway of his house, which is a older house but also two stories as you entered to the living with the kitchen to the left but to the right was a office for his father and mother, who are a general manager for a banking company and his mother was a school teacher at the local middle school, and stairs just after the doors to the office.

I ran to his mother and hugged her. Dawson looks a lot like his mom with his dirty blond hair and dark brown eyes as well as his fair skin however I look more like my dad with my short blonde hair with my natural brunette hair at the roots and my light blue eyes I'm also pretty pale but the fake tan is amazing. His parents ask how I am, I reply with a simple "I'm good how are you" she informs me that work has been very busy with mid-terms coming and I give a quick laugh remembering being very stressed during my middle school mid-terms thinking colleges would want to look at them "You should just move in you know" says Dawson's twin brother Dallas, who is very different to his brother Dallas prefers to spend nights out at his friend's houses drinking and doing who knows what else however they look similar he has the same brown hair but darker brown eyes and a lip ring, "Did you miss me Dallas?" I say with a laugh "We both know you come over here cause you miss me" he replies with a smirk and a wink "Actually I come over because I miss your mother" I say giving Mrs. Grey a hug, Dawson and Dallas mother, and Dallas just sighs and leans again the counter.

"Well dinner is ready," Mrs. Grey says as she gets the ham out of the oven and putting the glaze on it "do you need any help with anything Angelica?" I ask Mrs. grey, who I've always called by her first name, she replies with a simple no and calls everyone to the table I take my seat next to Dawson with Dallas in front of me and Angelica and Dawson and Dallas father Eric at the ends of the table, "How is your speech coming Brook?" Eric asks me "Not good I still can't figure out how to word it" "well I'm sure you'll figure it out" he says.

For the rest of dinner, we rarely talk then Dallas, Dawson and I help Angelica clean off the table. "Well I'm out," Dallas says when he's halfway out the door, I stay at the Grey's house till 11 pm then I go back to my house and fall onto my bed, sighing knowing I should start on my homework. My room isn't huge nor small it has light grey and lavender walls with my bed in the middle of my room with my desk to the right of my bed in front of my window and my closet in front of my bed and my TV hanging on the wall by the closet door and a full body mirror hanging on my door and dresser to the right of my closet and my bathroom was across the hall, sighing again I decide to start on my homework but first, I change into a tank top and leggings as well as take my contacts out and put on my glasses then I start on my homework. Once I'm halfway done I stop, brush my teeth then once I'm about to fall asleep I hear my phone go off. Worried it was my parents I check it but to my surprise, it wasn't my parents instead it's..........