Chapter 20

Brooklyn P.O.V.

 "Hello?" I ask confused when I finally pick up my ringing phone, "Brook hi I just wanted to give you some exciting news!" she says and my heart begins to beat faster is Dallas out? Were the charges dropped? And about a thousand different scenarios run through my head "Well" she begins "I know you've been missing Dallas as we all have but tomorrow I managed to work with his lawyer, Houston, and you can go visit him tomorrow!" she says excitedly and I can't help but let a squeal out and smiles

 "Angelica! Thank you so much but I have school tomorrow" I say disappointed "I know you do but thanks to your amazing mother she got you excused so you'll go tomorrow and meet Houston outside the jail at 12pm okay?"     "Okay that works I suppose, thank you so much Angelica it means so much to me" I say now excited that I'll get to see Dallas for the first time in what feels like forever.

She laughs again and then says "Oh please Brooklyn he is always asking about you when we've visited him I swear he cares more about you then he does about being in jail"    "Do you think he'll get out" I say quietly "I do think he will, Houston is the best in state I have to go but have fun tomorrow Brook"  "Okay thank you again Angelica" we say our goodbyes and hang up. That night I got changed into my pajamas and fall asleep with a smile on my face knowing I'll get to see Dallas the next day.

The next day I wake up the morning and see it's already 11am so I quickly shower, curl my hair, and do my makeup then get dressed in my black ripped jeans, a grey sweatshirt that's laced in the front and, my chunky tennis shoes. Then head to my regular coffee shop to get my usual of a Salted Caramel Mocha and a Chocolate Chip Cookie to eat quickly before heading off to the jail.

I pull into a parking spot and walk to the front of the jail station and meet Houston, she has a welcoming smile with gorgeous brown skin and brown eyes as well as full lips. She shakes my hand then leads my inside and through different doors of the jail into a not huge but not small room that's well light that has a desk with a chair behind it and a couch against the wall with books also lining the walls "This is my office when i'm here let me go get Dallas you stay quite" 

she says then walks out of the room and I sit on the couch bouncing my knee nervously as I wait for Houston to come back and hopefully with Dallas. My Dallas. After about 15 minutes Houston walks in the room and then he walks and before I can register what's happening i'm in Dallas's arms as he spins me around and kisses my cheek "I missed you so much" I whisper as he sets me down but still has me in his arms "I missed you too Brook" he whispers in my ear which sends a shiver down my spine "I'm going to work on some stuff at my desk so you too can sit on the couch if you'd like" Houston says as she walks over to her desk and both nod. 

I look up at Dallas and see that he's already looking at me with tears in his eyes "Hey don't cry" I whisper and wipes the tears from his face "I'm so sorry brook about everything y-you don't deserve this being the girlfriend of a accused murderer"   "How do you-" I say but he cuts me off "Dawson's told me everything, the stares, the whispers, all i'm saying Brook is you can leave anytime you can leav-" this time I cut him off by pressing my lips to his soft and gentle but also hopefully reassuring that i'm not leaving him over this slowly we both pull away "You can't get rid of me that easily Dallas" I whisper and run my hand through his hair "I know sweetheart I know" only then do I get a good look at him his hair is longer then before, his lip ring is no where to be found and he's in the classic Orange jumpsuit.

When I look back at him I notice he's staring at me and my outfit "You look beautiful Brook" he says and I feel the heat rise my cheeks as I blush "You don't look to bad yourself considering" I say quietly "Hey" he says and pulls me into his arms "I'm gonna get out of here Brook, Houston is working on it right now"   "I am!" Houston pipes up before going quite again which makes us both laugh "How are you?" I ask quietly "I'm okay all things considered I've been worried about you" he says quietly and takes my hand in his to intertwine our fingers.

I smile and look at our hands "I know, I've been worried about you too" I say quietly and looks back up at him "Happy late late Thanksgiving babe" I say and he chuckles "Happy late Thanksgiving sweetheart" he says then leans in for our lips to connect gently and softly before pulling away which makes me pout, which then he leans back in and glances at Houston to see that she's not paying attention to us she he reconnects our lips with more passion this time which cause butterflies to erupt in my stomach as he pulls me closer and pulling on my bottom lip, I let out a quiet moan "Quiet sweetheart don't want Houston to hear do we?" he whisper in my ear then nibbles on my ear before kissing down to my neck.

I lean my neck to the side as Dallas continues to leave marks on my neck, I'm biting my lip trying not to moan, all the sudden he pulls away and look at me "Missed me didn't you?" he whispers and I nod as he chuckles and pulls me into his arms. Houston clears her throat "As much as I hate to break you two up, I need to talk to Dallas so we can get him out of here" I nod and stand and he does the same and pulls me into a hug "I'll be home sweetheart I promise" he whispers in my ear "I'll see you soon" I whisper back and  kiss his cheek as I tell him goodbye and walk out the door leaving Dallas, my Dallas, behind.

I get into the car and let tears roll down my cheeks not knowing when I'll see him again or if he'll get out in time for us to spend our first Christmas together but also so happy because I finally got to feel his hand in mine, his lips on mine, and that, that felt like heaven.....