Chapter 6

Brooklyn P.O.V.

I wake up early to get ready for the funeral and dress in a long-sleeved but the dress cute off at my knees and my hair was just brushed and slightly wavy like always and a pair of high heels that had buckles around the ankle. Sitting on my bed I hear someone knock on my door so I head downstairs and open the door to Dallas dressed in dress pants, a white shirt and, dress shoes he seems slightly taller than me even when I'm wearing my heels, granted I'm only 5'4" well 5'7" with the heels on but he's 6'1"  "Hey do you have a second" I respond with of course and ask him to come in but he declines and says "I wanted to apologize for last night about the... uh.... kiss... it shouldn't have happened and I wanted just to see if we could agree to forget it?" to say I'm shocked would be an understatement I guess he didn't feel what I felt the fireworks, I know it's what every cliche says but I swear it says it's true. Realizing I hadn't responded to his words I muster up the courage and respond with a simple "Okay" he looks sad but I can only imagine it's because it's Alice's funeral today but, no casket and no Alice because the cops are still looking for clues on the killer.

 Alice's family wanted to have more of a memorial I suppose for her at her house. Dallas nods and leaves and I run-up to my room and look myself in the mirror. I try not to get upset over what Dallas said knowing it made sense because it would complicate everything. After about an hour and my and I head to Alice's house for her memorial. We say hi to her family and give them a hug and join in talking about the little things we knew about Alice, I rarely see Dallas other than a few times, and each time looks like he's been crying, finally deciding to go check on him. I walk around the house and finally find him in the backyard and walk up to him "Hey, are you okay?"  "Yeah I'm fine" he doesn't sound fine "I don't buy it"  "Well I am so if you could just leave me alone brook that'd be great" he walks away before I'm able to get a word out he walks back inside the house leaving me alone outside to watch him walk away from me, I walk back inside and spend the rest of my time talking with my parents and Dawson. 

Once we get home my parents have to go to work and I had homework to do so I changed into my black sweatpants and white hoodie and got started and finished around 3 pm and then went to get food from the store because I haven't gone in while when I do I catch a glance of Dallas and Dawson doing some shopping so me being me I walk over and talk to Dawson to make sure he is doing the English report. To my surprise he actually is, Dallas was staring at me the entire time but I pay no attention to him after Dawson and I part ways I pay for the groceries and head home to put everything away. 

Then head back to my room to take a shower then put on gym shorts and a long sleeve Christmas shirt because no matter the time of the year it's Christmas time. The week passes slowly I avoid Dallas and only hang out with Dawson at my house but on Thursday Angelica invites me to dinner and I agree. When Thursday rolls around I wear a pair of black jeans, a red hoodie that's cropped, and some chunky tennis shoes. Once I arrive I'm greeted by Dawson and Angelica with a hug and we talk as we also help make dinner after everyone takes their seat. Dawson sitting next to me, Dallas in front of me, and Angelica and Eric at the ends of the table. We eat in silence and I avoid eye contact with Dallas at all costs and he goes back to his room. 

Dawson and I watch a random movie while his parents do stuff for their work, once the movie finishes I say my goodbye to all of them other than Dallas who stays in his room all night, I lay down in my bed once I get home and change back into pair of sweatpants and fall asleep quickly. The next day at school I, of course, get paired to do a project with the one and only Dallas we agree very quickly to work on it after school at my house and I silently hope we can finish as soon as possible. After school Dallas and I meet at my house to get started "Do you want anything to eat or something?" I ask   "water?" I nod and walk into my kitchen and grab two bottles of water "He's acting so normal maybe I did look too much into that kiss" I think to myself as I walk back to the living room and sit next to Dallas, the project is due in three weeks and I hope that these weeks pass as fast as they can because the last thing I want to be is in a room with a boy who I might just really like but can never say it. "So where do you want to start?" I say and look at him silently saying to myself "These weeks better pass fast"......