Chapter 37

Brooklyn P.O.V.

We all help my mom and Angelica clean up the wrapping paper then Dawson gets a text from Cat saying we could go to her house whenever, so Dawson, Dallas, and I all head upstairs quickly to get dressed, I get dressed in Dallas's bathroom while he gets dressed in his room. I put on my regular high waisted jeans, a red sweater, and a long light brown coat, I also apply a small amount of makeup and brush my wavy hair out quickly then walk out as Dallas pulls a random dark green sweater over his head as he wears his black jeans, "Well don't you look full of holiday cheer," I say sarcastically and Dallas turns to look at me.

His eyes slowly rake over me and I shift slightly under his gaze as he stares at me, "What do I look bad," I say nervously as Dallas walks over to me and takes my hand in his, "You look breathtaking my love," he says and his eyes look over me again, "Thank you," I say shyly and he kisses the top of my head.

"Do you really like your necklace," Dallas asks nerously and I nod while moving it from under my sweater, "I love it and I love you," I say and look up at him with a huge smile on my face as he smiles too, "I love you too, sweetheart, now go put on your shoes before Dawson thinks we're doing something up here," he says and we both laugh and I flush at the thought, as I put on my regular Fila tennis shoes as Dallas puts on his black Converse. 

We both walk downstairs and see Dawson wearing a white sweater, his blue jeans, and his red converse, "You two ready," he asks and we nod and say goodbye to our parents before leaving and getting into Dawson's car, he's driving us because he actually knows where to go. 

We arrive at Cat's house, it's another townhouse bigger than mine and Dallas's but it's a light blue house with white trim and a small pathway leading from the driveway to a small porch. We all get out and walk up to the door. Dawson knocks and Cat opens the door, she has a dark red sweater that looks to be a bit oversized, I don't blame her oversized anything is better it's why I like Dallas's hoodies so much other than the fact that they're Dallas's. And she's wearing a pair of light wash jeans on.

"Merry Christmas!" she says excitedly before hugging Dawson then Dallas, and then me. "Come in, come in," she says and we all walk in, it's fully decorated with photos of family members, I assume, everywhere, the walls are light grey and the floors a semi-dark Oak. "You look stunning Brook," she says with a warm smile, "Thank you, so do you, Cat," I say and smile back.

Just then a women that's a small bit shorter then me walks in, "Brook, Dallas, meet my mum, Peggy," she says and Peggy smiles and says, "It's a pleasure to meet you two," she also has a British accent but it's not as strong as Cat's, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well Mrs....." I say with my sentence dying at the end as I realize I don't know her last name, "Call me Peggy," she says and Dallas and I both shake our heads with a laugh, "I can barely call Dallas and Dawson's parents by their first name but okay, Peggy," I say and she smiles, "Fair enough with all of your southern charm I don't blame you," she says and walks back into the kitchen as Cat leads us to the living room. 

"What should we watch, anyone know a good Christmas movie," Cat asks and I nod as Dallas groans, "I knew it you're going to introduce her to Hallmark aren't you," he says and I nod as Dawson laughs, "We both knew this was going to happen," he says and Cat look at me and her eyes drift to my necklace than to Dallas, "I see she liked the necklace I told you," she says looking at Dallas and sits down on the couch "You helped Dallas pick it out," I say confused and look at both of them, "Yeah she did I wasn't sure what to get you so she helped," Dallas says and I nod, "Okay."     

Dawson and I sit on each side of her, after I take my jacket off and lay I in a chair, and Dallas sits next to me with his arm over my shoulder

"Hey I helped of you, Brook," Dawson says and then Dallas looks at me, "You asked Dawson for help," he asks and I nod, "The day it was ready for pickup I was with you so I asked Dawson to go get it," I explain and he nods as I look back at Cat, "I do like it, thank you for helping him," I say and she smiles, "Not a problem," she replies and turns on the TV.

"So what's this Hallmark you were talking about," Cat asks and I show her what station it is and Dallas puts his arm around me.

"This has almost the same cast and plot," Cat says then pauses, "I love it," and Dallas groans, "I thought I had one on my side of against Hallmark movies," he says and I slap his chest playfully, "You love them," I say and Dallas shakes his head, "Whatever helps you sleep at night," he says and we go back to watching the movie.

After three movies and getting to know Cat a bit more, I have a feeling that we'll be good friends.  we head back to Dallas and Dawson's and my mom and I eat Christmas dinner with them. After dinner I head upstairs to Dallas's room and grab my bag as Dallas enters, "Did you have a good Christmas," he asks and I nod, "I did," I say and he nods, "Did you," I ask nervously and Dallas smiles at me, "Of course I did," he says," Did you like your present," I ask then realize I never gave him the hoodie, nor did I wrap it so I quickly pull it out of my bag, "I forgot I also got you this," I say and he takes the hoodie, "I love both my gifts, my keychain is already on my key ring," he says and I smile.

We stay at the Grey's for a little while longer before my mom and I eventually head home, "Did you have a nice Christmas," she asks as we walk in and I nod, "I did," I say and she smiles, "I'm glad, I know it was different after everything," she says and I sigh, "Yeah but I still had a nice time," I reply, "Is Dawson's girlfriend nice, " she asks and I nod, "Yeah she is, I don't know if they're official but they're really cute together," I say and we both head to our rooms to unpack. 

I fall on my bed and begin to play with the necklace that's around my neck.