Chapter 41

Brooklyn P.O.V.
One Week Later

My alarm blares through my room and I reach over and shut it off before sitting up and running my hands over my face. One week. It's been one week since our fight. Dallas has called and texted me so many times and even came over but I refused to see him. His words still sting when I think about them "Do you not have something better to do than be insecure over us." Those words have rung in my ears for the past week, each time I think of those words it hurts more than the last time.

I slowly get up and force myself to change out of one of Dallas's hoodie then I managed to keep. I decide to put on my black ripped jeans, a black, and a dark green rain jacket because somehow to world knows my mood and decided to pour down rain. After gathering my stuff for the day, I quickly put my black converse on and run out the door and drive to school. As I pull into a parking space I notice both Dallas and Dawsons car parked. I quickly grab my backpack and head into the school.

I help show Cat around the school because we share some classes. I learn there are also two new girls named Safia and Lizzy. I share a few classes with Lizzy and she seems nice but when I sneaked glances at Dallas Safia was there trying to talk to him, more like flirt with him. He always seemed to wave her off or not talk to her. Though every time I saw them together I felt jealousy rise but tried my hardest to ignore the feeling and go along with my day.

The hardest part of my day was trying to ignore Dallas's attempts to talk to me. I told Cat about what happened and she said I should talk to him and figure it our because apparently when she had gone over to Dawson's house Dallas stayed in his room and when he did come down he looked like he hadn't slept and looked terrible, she said he couldn't have meant was he said and it just came out because he was drunk and not thinking clearly, I agree and Cat tells Dawson that I'll meet Dallas at their house after school.

Once school ends I stay true to my word and head to Dallas's house, once I arrive I knock on the door and Dawson opens it. "Are you sure?" he whispers and I nod as I walk in and see Dallas bouncing his knee, a nervous habit of his, and stands up once he notices me. "Hi," he whispers and motions for Dawson to leave the room, Dawson looks at me and I give him a nod and he walks up to his room. "Hi." Is all I reply with as he slowly steps closer to me

"I'm sorry," I Dallas says softly. "I didn't sleep almost at all that night and the alcohol made me start a pointless fight all you were doing was asking simple questions and I lashed out for no reason. I know not sleeping isn't an excuse for being an ass but maybe it helps to explain." he says his eyes pleading for me to forgive him, "You didn't just start a fight Dallas, what you said hurt and I can't get it out of my mind, do you know how much it hurt when you threw one of my biggest insecurities into my face," I say and keep my eyes locked on his as he looks down "I know and all I can think about is how much I hurt you." He says and looks back up at me his eyes are glossy and tired, he looks like he hasn't slept in a week.

"Do you uhm do you still love me," he asks quietly and looks away from my eyes. This time I step closer to him and take his hand, "Of course I still love you." I say honestly. "I didn't mean what I said Brook, I was drunk and tired," he says and I look at his eyes, "Have you slept at all since our fight," I ask and use my hand to softly cup his cheek," Maybe a few hours each night if I'm lucky. I couldn't sleep knowing you were mad at me and the fact I didn't hear your voice at all."My heart breaks at his words but I am still partly mad over our fight, "Why did you say it," I ask Dallas. "I don't know honestly it just came out," he says and we stare into each other eyes for a long time, his eyes are like a mixture of honey and chocolate. 

After a few minutes I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist as he buries his head in my neck, "Can you stay tonight, please" he whispers and I shake my head, "I can't," I say sadly, "Why not, you can wear one of my shirts like always," he says and looks at me, his eyes are begging me to stay which breaks my heart even more. "I told my mom I'd get home so we could have dinner together," I say and run my hand through his hair and he nods. "Okay."

After a few more minutes of us just holding each other in the middle of his living room, I hear Dawson walk down and look at the both of us questionably, "So, I'm assuming all is well," He asks and we both nod, "Yeah it is," I reply. "As much as I'm sure you two would love to stay like that Asher called and said we're going out to dinner before he goes back to LA.," He explains and looks at Dallas who nods and Dawson walks back upstairs, "Dinner is in an hour," he yells then we hear his bedroom door close. 

I decide to head home before it got too late so I could take down some of the Christmas decorations. "I wish you could stay," Dallas confesses quietly as I open my car door and I turn to him, "I know me too," I say and kiss his cheek.  "What if I came over to your house," he asks quickly and I look at him, "You have a dinner with Asher, love," I say, "But I can come over after," he says, "Okay then come over after, I love you," I say and I get in my car, "I love you too," he says and I drive back home with my heart still happy because Dallas and I are okay but my heart also hurts because I'm the reason he barely slept.