21

In the morning i woke up feeling groggy but still peeled myself from my soft sanctuary. i made eggs for breakfast and popped into the living room to see my dad asleep in front of the TV. i rolled my eyes and dropped his clip board on his head to wake him up. luckily for him i took the stack of papers it was holding out first, he still yelled at me when he woke up. As if i did anything criminal, i was just waking him up.

After we both ate we walked the short walk up to the school where we would all be meeting in about thirty minutes. Since my dad was the coach he wanted to come early to prepare everything for the bus ride, and since i'm so unfortunate to be his daughter i had to help.

My mind wandered to Oikawa as we lifted the storage container of food. What was he doing awake so late at night? Did he get enough sleep? If he didn't that'd better good for us. Maybe i should have stayed up later to bother him. Is that too dirty? Not my fault if that's how he would have spent his time.

"Sakai! Coach!" Daichi exclaimed with a wide smile on his face.

I sat down the box I was holding and smiled, "Early as always captain." I commented on his punctuality.

"Hey! You should greet your coach before you greet your manager!" My dad yelled, throwing down the ball bag and pointing at Daichi, "I have the power to bench you! Don't be getting to friendly with my daughter!"

Daichi's face paled and i jabbed my dad in the side, "You wouldn't. Anyway Daichi, we only have a few more things in the club room if you want to help out."

Next to show up was coach Takeda with the bus. Today he was driving us to and from the gym. Seeing the bus show up filled me with excitement. Yeah we we're about to go play in the second half of the tournament but I'll also get some extra sleep on the bus!!

After all the boys had shown up we all climbed onto the bus. Kiyoko sent me a text telling me she was going to be late so she riding up with her mom but going to ride the bus back. I frowned knowing my bus buddy was gone but her riding in the evening made me cheer up a little.

Asahi walked past, heading onto the bus and i grabbed the blanket he had draped over himself, "Do your best again today, ace of Karasuno." I smiled, trying to get him excited for the game today.

He blushed and nodded, trying to take ennoshita's advice, "I will."

"You're blushing still!" Ennoshita said, pointing an accusatory finger at the ace.

"H-hey! I wouldn't have if you had said it. It's just embarrassing when the managers say something..." He glanced over at me with his eyebrows furrowed with worry.

I just shook my head and smiled as i got onto the bus, an empty seat beside me where Kiyoko should be. I let out a sad sigh and texted her, missing her presence already.

As we left and most of the boys had all fallen back asleep i took a picture and sent it to Kiyoko.

you're missing a real riot.

they look dead lol.

you would have brought
the party :(

maybe. i guess we'll
have to see if i bring
the party on the way
back (. .)

ooo party party ~(˘˘~)

I put my phone in my bag deciding now would be a good time to go back to sleep. the gym we were going to wasn't super far, only about an hour drive, with the fifteen minutes i had spend faffing around and texting kiyoko i only had about 45 left to sleep. time to get serious about this. I put on an eye mask to prevent the sun and any other lights from keeping me up. then i put on a pair of noise blocking headphones, it wasn't completely necessary on the quiet bus but if we got into any traffic it would definitely come in handy. to top it off i pulled out a thin blanket and draped it over my legs. Perfect.