25

I watched all practice as he picked on Tanaka. I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure if I would make it worse but after he corrected Tanaka for not calling someone else's ball I was about to lose it.

Tanaka on the other hand was taking everything in stride. He didn't seem to let it effect him, though I'm sure it was.

"God. He's pissing me off." I hissed to Sugawara as he got a drink.

"Why?" He asked, apparently not noticing how my dad was treating Tanaka.

"He's just acting like a prick for no reason. He's treating Tanaka like a rookie." I frowned.

He looked at me then Tanaka, "Don't think too much about it, okay? I'll step in if he's pushing Tanaka too hard, I'm sure Daichi will as well."

I gave him a glance through my eyebrows and nodded, "yeah, okay, thank you."

"No problem." he waved me off and walked back to the court.

After practice I helped take down the net, talking to the first years as Tanaka avoided me like the plague.

"What's your favorite color Sakai?" Hinata asked.

"Uhm. I guess I haven't thought about it much since elementary school..." I said, pausing, "I guess I'd have to go with red."

Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were laughing at my answer. I looked at them with a raised brow.

"What's your favorite color, Hinata?" I asked in return.

"Probably black or orange." He replied.

"Why?" I inquired, confused about why there was two.

"Because that's the school colors." He said with a smile. "What's yours, Kageyama?"

"Black." He replied.

"Is that because it's the schools colors?" I asked.

"No." He replied curtly, tossing a ball into the ball cart.

"Did you know that black is every color mixed together?" Yamaguchi perked up, "I learned that from Tsuki."

"Yamaguchi." Tsukishima glared at him.

His eyes widened and he stiffened up, "Sorry Tsuki."

"Did you know that white isn't a color?" I asked the group.

"Obviously." Tsukishima said at the same time Hinata said, "What?"

They both glared at each other and I turned just in time to see a shocked look on Kageyama's face.

While the tallest and shortest first years were at each other's necks I rolled the cart to the storage room. Nishinoya and Tanaka were talking when I walked in and once Tanaka saw me he backed up to the wall.

"Hey guys..." I said, pushing the ball cart in.

"Hey Hoshiko, I heard about your dad and Tanaka." Noya said, frowning slightly.

"Yeah... my dad told me I wasn't allowed to go anywhere with him alone again." I looked down at my shoes, feeling frustrated.