2

After my dads defensiveness and stubbornness about the volleyball club i only got more interested. i noticed a few of the members around the school, primarily the baldy and the short one, the ones that were approaching dad the day I gave my dad his phone. They must be second years like me. I think i noticed a few others but i didn't get a good look at everyone.

The day after visiting him while coaching I noticed the baldy in my class, I'm not exactly sure how I missed him there before, he's quite hard to miss in all truth. He's friendly with everyone in class despite looking like a bit of a delinquent.

I was going through my backpack looking for my phone while I waited for class to start when I noticed a pair of shoes in front of me. I sat up and noticed it was baldy.

"Hello." I said after a few seconds of silence.

"You're coach Ukai's daughter, right? I didn't realize there was a Ukai in this class..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

I suppressed a giggle, "My name is Sakai Hoshiko, I have my mom's last name."

"So you are Ukai's daughter?" He asked a bit apprehensive.

I let out a small laugh this time, "Yes, he's my dad."

He let out a breath, "I was gonna be super embarrassed if I got the wrong person."

"So who are you?" I asked.

"I'm a wing spiker. Who knows, I might even be the next ace of Karasuno." He boasted.

"I meant your name but I can just call you future ace if you want." I raised my eyebrows playfully.

His face went red, "That's okay, you can call me Tanaka..."

"It's nice to meet you then, Tanaka." I smiled.

He looked at me for a moment, seemingly spaced out and finally snapped back into reality, "Right! It's nice to meet you too." He looked at the empty seat beside me, "Is anyone sitting there?"

Normally I would be a bit hesitant but I enjoyed how aloof Tanaka was, "No, would you like to sit here?"

He nodded, "Be right back!" He walked up to his seat and punched his friend who was taking something out of his backpack.

The bell rang for lunch and I stretched my arms out.

Tanaka stood up and I looked up at him from my seat, "I'm gonna go to class three to visit my friend, wanna come?" He grinned.

I looked back at the few friends I had made recently and felt bad for neglecting them, "Maybe another day."

Tanaka looked at the girls and back at me and nodded, "See you girls in a bit then."

As he stalked out of the room I heard one of the girls, Watabe, say my name. I turned around with a smile, "What's up?"

"Is there something going on between you and Tanaka?" She asked bluntly yet still innocently.

"Does it seem like it? I'm His coaches daughter so he must be using me to get on my dads good side." I joked.

Aoki, the other girl I met recently, rolled her eyes playfully and stood up, "Whatever is going on between you just be careful, I'm pretty sure he's got a thing going on with a third year." She grabbed a coin purse from her bag and stood in the center of me and the Watabe, "Will you guys go to the vending machine with me? I'll buy something for you..." She asked hopefully.

"I don't wanna get up..." Watabe whined.

Aoki turned her gaze to me and smiled, "I guess it would be nice to know where the vending machines are anyway..."