12

I walked back from a meeting with Sugawara, Daichi and Kiyoko. Daichi wanted to discuss a new practice drill and possibly a new attack in game. Kiyoko said they had these every once in a while and to give my input. it felt a little awkward as the three third years lead the conversation and i sat there awkwardly, only talking when i was asked a direct question.

"Thank you for telling me about the meeting." i bowed to Kiyoko as she stopped at her class.

"It was no problem, the managers usually attend and i didn't want you to miss out." she smiled.

"I'll see you at practice." I bowed again and continued down the hallway to my class. My phone buzzed and i pulled it out to look at it.

'Your aunt can't work this afternoon, skip practice.' -pops

i sighed but wasn't too bummed, i still was trying my hardest to avoid Tsukishima. i typed out a response and sent it on the walk back. i thought about getting something from the vending machine but decided the best course of action would be going straight to my class where he wouldn't be in a million years.

the desire to avoid him like he's the plague popped into my mind last night while i did my homework. if i'm not around him i won't annoy him and he won't talk to me. it was a perfect plan, really.

i opened the door to the room, surprised to see Tanaka still in the class. I was only gone for about ten minutes. he was bouncing up and down in his seat as i got closer.

"How did the meeting with Kiyoko go?" he asked.

i giggled, finally realizing why he was so excited, "It went well, she sounded really cool when she talked during the meeting."

he had stars in his eyes and fell down to his seat, "of course she did, she always does."

i fanned him with my hand for a second and plopped down in my seat. I talked with my friends for the rest of lunch until the bell rung.

After school I walked out of the classroom, not worrying about Tanaka questioning me since he started leaving early because i "walk too slow."

I walked down to the store, listening to the other students talking and goofing around with one another.

As much as I enjoyed almost all of the boys company sometimes they could be a bit too much for me. A day with myself and my thoughts would be good for me. Today i'm just going to stand in the background and watch the world pass by.

When i entered the shop there were already students from my school going down the isles. I sat my backpack behind the counter and my dad gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll see you when i get home kiddo. If you want to close up earlier that's alright with me." he picked up his phone and held it up, showing he remembered it.

i smiled, "alright, see you later." i waved as he left. Already someone was waiting to be rung up so i quickly got to my task.

after the small rush of students the store was mostly empty for the rest of the night, giving me plenty of time to finish my homework and get ahead on a project i had due.

"I was wondering where you went. I thought you got sick." Sugawara said, standing near the door with the two other third year players beside him.

"Yeah, i had to cover my aunts shift today." i frowned, "you guys didn't have too much fun without me, did you?"

Nishinoya burst between the three of them, "SAKAI!"

"NOYA!" I exclaimed with wide eyes. Tanaka came barreling in after hearing his friends name, "TANAKA!" I exclaimed, not wanting him to feel left out.