24

"The fuck are you doing with my daughter, Tanaka?!" He yelled, pushing him away with one hand and pulling me closer with the other.

He put his hands together and bowed his head "I'm sorry sir I-"

"He was just walking me home. I had to stop by my friends house to give her book back and he walked me home because it was getting dark." I cut him off with a quick lie.

He stared at me for a second then looked back at Tanaka, "Whatever. I don't wanna know what was actually going on."

We both let out a sigh but my dad pulling me further back by my collar made me straighten up.

"I don't want to see you within 10 feet of my daughter anymore." He glared at Tanaka.

"Uh, yes coach." He bowed at a perfect 90 degree angle.

"Now go home." He said, pulling out his lighter.

"Yes coach." he said again, glancing at me again before taking off.

I pushed through the door in an effort to get away from my dad as quick as possible.

Just as I thought I was in the clear i heard his voice from just outside the door, "We'll talk when i get inside." Then, just barely, the sound of the lighter sparking as he lit his cigarette.

I ran up the stairs and into my room, dropping my bag onto the floor and jumping onto my bed. With my head buried in the pillows i let out a scream. Why am i still being treated like a child? I'm 16 i should be allowed to do what i want with whoever i want.

I heard the front door open and close. After i couple of seconds i heard my dads footsteps approaching my room.

"Hey," He started, "I think we should talk about whatever that was."

I pulled my head up and looked at him, "There's nothing to talk about, he was just walking me home."

"There is something to talk about. I know he wasn't just walking you home, don't act like i'm dense." He growled out but took a deep breath to correct his tone. "I've been young, i know how these thing go. I've never had a reason not to trust you but after seeing... that... i'm having a hard time believing what you're telling me."

I raised my eyebrows, "Okay so we went somewhere and spray painted something together, are you happier now?" I threw my arm out in exasperation.

He pursed his lips, biting them for a second then finally saying, "Alright. Don't tell anyone else you did that because it can get in you in a lot of trouble."

I nodded, looking away from him. The worried look he was giving me made me feel extremely guilty.

"Also no going anywhere alone with him anymore." He said sternly.

I nodded, not making eye contact.

"Alright, well get your homework done and get to bed..." he said and pat the doorframe twice before stepping out to the living room.

I buried my head back in the pillow and left it there for a couple minutes before finding the strength to get a shower.

After getting out I checked my phone and saw two texts from Tanaka.

I'm sorry

I shouldn't have done
anything.

Don't be, my dad is
overreacting.

Okay. He's not gonna
like... Check you phone
or anything, right?

No, he's not like that.