16

i sat on the stairwell outside the locker rooms, waiting for someone to come out so i could walk with them.

i heard the door open and stood up as Daichi walked out, "Hey sakai."

"Hi daichi." i took a few steps to the bottom and waited for him.

"You doing alright? you seemed off during practice." he asked, concern lacing his voice.

"you're always so perceptive... but yeah, i'm alright, i didn't get enough sleep last night, but i'm good." i said as the others trickled out of the locker rooms.

"alright well... if you need anything just ask, alright? even if i can't help i'll find someone who can." he smiled and pat my head. sugawara and Asahi walked by and Daichi let his hand fall down to his sides after he stepped into their conversation.

Nishinoya ran out of the locker room with Tanakas clothes, leaving him only in his underwear.

"NOYA! I SWEAR IF YOU DONT GIVE ME BACK MY CLOTHES-" He shouted out, trying to cover himself with the door while desperately grasping for the clothes Nishinoya was holding out tauntingly.

"I'm holding them out for you!" he mocked watching carefully as his teammates hand grazed the fabric.

suddenly Tanaka launched himself out of the door, sending Noya running down the stairs, skipping the last four to save time.

i covered my eyes to seem modest but gave myself enough room to see what was happening. Tanaka clad in only cartoon bunny boxers was sprinting after the short libero.

Daichi, who heard the commotion and walked back, started yelling at the boys which seemed to stop them in their tracks for a second but when Yamaguchi pulled on the clothes Noya jumped and started running again, thinking Tanaka had him.

i watched the duo first years snicker to themselves as it started back up.

Asahi and Sugawara had made it back by this point and were talking to Daichi trying to figure out a way to stop them.

"just let them run their energy out. it'll be good for them." sugawara said, treating them as if they were dogs.

"asahi you should go over and intimidate them." Daichi proposed. they had apparently used this tactic before in games.

"That's not gonna work they know that i'm shy! they're just gonna laugh at me." Asahi whined, hunched over and sad.

"I would let them continue if Sakai wasn't here but since she is i feel that she's probably uncomfortable." Daichi said, unaware that i could hear them nearly perfectly.

the two boys were headed straight for me, Noya who looking back at Tanaka was about to run me into the ground. Thankfully Asahi reached out and picked up Noya before i could be trampled.

Noya let out a scream and started thrashing in Asahi's arms and Asahi being the scaredy cat he is dropped Noya straight on his butt.

"Geez Asahi!" Noya complained, slowly getting up.

"You deserve that." Tanaka said, sticking his tongue out at his friend. Noya reached up and pulled and Tanaka jumped back in pain.

"You both deserve to do extra laps at tomorrow's practice." Daichi said and slapped both of them on the backs of their heads.

"Hey I didn't do anything! I'm a victim." Tanaka rubbed his head and pouted, he had already pulled his pants on and had his shirt half on.