18

"Let's go!" Hinata exclaimed while jumping up and down when the bus arrived.

"Save your energy for the game." Sugawara said with a smile, walking past onto the bus.

"For real. Be quiet." tsukishima snickered with Yamaguchi.

"Seeing you so energetic fills me with energy too!" i said, trying not to let Tsukishima ruin Hinata's mood.

"Yo Hoshiko come sit in the back with us!" Tanaka yelled through the window.

"Oh I'm sitting with Kiyoko. Sorry Tanaka." I gave him an apologetic smile.

"Come on! I need someone between me and Hinata." He covered his mouth, remembering the time where he was thrown up on.

I scoffed and shook my head, "You should have brought a bucket... maybe even an umbrella..."

Hinata shrunk beside me, "Hey! I won't throw up this time. My tummy feels great!" He burst out.

"just get on the bus already, dumbass." Kageyama said, literally kicking Hinata's ass.

After a fairly peaceful ride we got to the gym where the tournament was being held. It felt nostalgic almost. i was jealous of the boys honestly. I watched all of them walk through the hall in front of me, imagining myself as part of the team for a second.

I heard a out slap come from further down in the hallway, knocking me out of my fantasy. Kiyoko had hit both Noya and Tanaka in the head with notebooks. I laughed to myself, knowing they had done something stupid or been overprotective of her.

"Hey Kiyoko wait up!" I called out and took one of the notebooks she was holding.

"Wow it smells like air salonpas!" Hinata said in awe and Noya agreed. i smiled at how weird and dorky the two were.

suddenly a team with a bunch of tall players showed up, headed straight towards our group. The tall one with the white hair raised his arm a bit, pointing directly at Asahi. I was taken aback and then got worried for Asahi, he could barely handle the people saying that he looked like a delinquent a few minutes ago he definitely won't be able to handle direct confrontation. However when i looked up at him he was confidently staring back into the guys eyes.

After what looked like the captain scolded the team they left and i was about to compliment Asahi for handling it really well but he looked like he was about to pass out.

"It's okay Asahi." I pat his back and he gave me a half smile.

"Thanks Sakai..." he straightened his posture and took a deep breath out.

While the boys played Tokonami I stood in the stands. Only one manager was allowed on the court during a game sadly. I was cheering for Karasuno when i saw light blue out of the corner of my eye. Aobajohsai.

I kept my head forward and stayed quiet, hoping they would pass by and i would go unnoticed, to my dismay I heard a certain setters voice call out my full name.

"It's been a while since i've seen you." He pouted.

"Yeah it has..." I replied, looking at the court.

"You're acting so mean to me." He leaned on the banister beside me, "You haven't responded to my texts either." he said lowly.

I was shocked by the change in his voice and finally looked him in eye only for him to smile at me.

"I thought we were friends." He huffed, looking at the court.

i shook my head and looked at his teammates who were leaning on the banister a little further down, "Friendship isn't one sided."