1

I got home from school and let out a long sigh, living with my dad meant i had to help around the shop, which wasn't awful but it made me want to consider moving back to tokyo.

"You alright kiddo?" my dad asked from behind the counter.

i nodded and sat my bag down, "Long day at school."

He pat my head, "When i get back i'll make dinner and we can talk about it." He had already changed from his casual clothes into his track suit and was about to go to the school to coach the boys team. He had been recruited to coach by a teacher and with a little egging on from the teacher, Mr. Takeda, and me he finally gave in.

I used to play volleyball at Nekoma but missed the tryouts at karasuno so i couldn't play this year. It irked me and every day after school i felt a little too empty.

My dad kissed my forehead and left. That means I was in charge. Well technically Ena, my aunt, was in charge but she was restocking at the moment.

I pulled my homework out seeing as i had five hours to burn. halfway through the first question i spaced out and noticed my dad left his phone.

'What if he needs me or something happens? it's not too far but it's better to be safe than sorry' i thought to myself as i picked it up.

"I'm gonna go bring this to my dad." I said to Ena, she nodded and moved behind the counter.

I ran up to the school, my muscles aching for some form of exercise. Once i got there a rested for a second outside the gymnasium.

I softly knocked on the door but got no response, i could hear some talking so i knew there were at least people in there. i slowly opened the door and peaked my head in, "Dad?"

It wasn't immediate but everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. My ears got red with embarrassment as i waked over to my dad.

He stopped me and nearly shoved me back outside, "What are you doing here kid?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "You left your phone at home. Why can't i go in?"

I heard a couple people approaching and looked over Uaki's shoulder to be met with two pairs of over eager eyes looking back at me.

"Who are you?" the one with the shaved head asked.

"She's my daughter meat head, now beat it you two!" My dad violently shooed them away.

I peaked in again to see the rest of the players watching before Ukai moved over to block my view, "Do you want me to walk you home? There's probably not a lot of people on the street now. It's not safe. I'll have Kiyoko walk you home!" He smiled with relief.

"Then she wouldn't have anyone to walk her back. Plus there's still students coming out of the school, I'll be fine." I sighed at how overbearing he can be at times.

"Are you sure? i can call you on your way back if you want." he offered.

"It's not even a five minute walk! i'll be fine. imagine if i hadn't brought your phone though, i would just have to stay here and meet the team. Which i mean i still could if you want."

He looked a little ticked off, "If you hadn't of come I wouldn't even need to worry about you getting back safe. And no. Go home don't leave Ena to run the shop by herself."

"She ran it just fine before i started working." i replied.

"No means no. Go home." He said sternly.

I shrunk down a little, not used to my dad being so serious, "Whatever..." i turned and walked off.

"Be careful kiddo." i heard him shut the door gently before yelling at everyone.

09/04/20
wc: 661
unedited