14

Adrenaline rushed through me as i tried thinking of a way i could reply to his two worded text.

It's Karasuno's taller manager,
Sakai. Sorry it's kinda late
but I wanted to get your
number saved.

oh, hi

i bit my lip, worried he was annoyed that i actually texted him.

I'm going to bed, you
should too. goodnight!

dream of me ;)

i covered my face as a blush broke out. he must not have been upset with me then. i wonder if i should text him tomorrow? that would probably be weird, wouldn't it? I'll wait a week just to be safe.

i let out a squeal and jumped around, trying to calm down a bit.

In the morning i woke up feeling tired. i was barely able to sleep because how excited i was that Oikawa texted me. scenarios that would never happen had me up the entire night.

After getting ready for school i sat in the kitchen, eating a small breakfast. i checked my phone after hearing it buzz and nearly dropped it seeing that Oikawa had texted me.

good morning lovely^~^ did i look
handsome in your dreams?

i blushed and hid my phone as i texted him back.

you look handsome all the time!

i shoved my phone in my backpack and scarfed the rest of my breakfast down, wanting to text Oikawa without worrying about someone seeing.

on what would normally be a short walk to school me and oikawa talked a lot, making me much slower and much later. by the time i had gotten to my class Tanaka was already there and seemed to be talking with Watabe.

i sat my stuff down at my desk, "hey guys." when my phone buzzed i pulled it out and responded almost immediately.

The two who had been talking greeted me as i sat down in between them.

"You're later than usual." Watabe said, looking at the clock in the front of the room.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night." I sighed, taking out my books for the class.

"Our game with Aobajohsai was incredible. it makes me want to beat them even more!" Tanaka said, nearly shouting and getting a few glares from some students nearby.

my face got red as i thought immediately of their setter, "Yeah... uh, you guys can do it! that's why i was up so late actually..."

"you were thinking of strats to beat them? That's awesome Sakai! You're gonna make Kiyoko proud." he grinned and pat my back.

"yes, and uh... that's actually the thing. i couldn't think of anything very good so i'll have to talk to her and get some tips... i'm not very good at using everyone's talents." i said, practically doing improv on the spot.

"I'm sure you had at least one good plan. Let's hear it Sakai." Watabe encouraged.

"Well I was thinking that maybe hinata could... try doing a jump ser-" the bell rang, saving me as it's done countless times before, "would you look at that. guess i'll just have to wait until i talk to kiyoko about it."