8| Qurbat

***

***

"I am sorry. Hamara wo matlab nahi tha," Anabia said wrapping her arms around his hand.

( I didn't mean to say that)

Anabia was feeling very bad after what she had said to him. She would never intentionally say something that will hurt him. She was just frustrated because he broke the promise.

"Anabia, ghar jao. The driver is waiting for you in the car," Shahzain said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Jab tak aap hame maaf nahi karenge, ham kahi nahi jayenge," Anabia said in an adamant tone.

(I will not move away from here until you forgave me)

"Stop testing my patience, Anabia. I don't wanna say anything to you which I might regret later," Shahzain said taking a deep breath to calm down his nerves.

Anabia was scared after seeing his cold behavior. She nodded her head meekly as her lips pursued into a pout. She went away as soon as she can.

Shahzain runs his finger through his hair frustratedly.

He wants to be angry but her innocent expression melted his heart.

***

"Aap dinner kyu nahi kar rahi?" Anam asked Anabia as she was curled up on her bed.

(Why are you not having dinner)

"Hamara mann nahi kar raha hai. Hame bhook lagegi tou ham kitchen se lekar khaa lenge," Anabia said with a hiccup.

(I don't feel like eating anything. I am not hungry. If I wanted to eat something, I will take it from the kitchen )

"Aap ko kya hua hai Anabia? Jab se aap college se aaye hai tab se room mai baithi hui hai. Kuch khaa bhi nahi rahi hai," Anam inquired as she was worried about her.

(What happened to you Anabia? You locked yourself in the room since you came. You are not even eating anything)

"Shahzain hamse baat nahi kar rahe hai. Bohot naaraz hai wo hamse. Hame samajh nahi aa raha hai ke ham kya kare," Anabia said while pulling her legs near her chest.

(Shahzain is not talking to me. He is very angry at me. I don't know what should I do)

"Accha toh ye baat hai. Shouhar ki narazgi aapko bechain kar rahi hai," Anam said in a mischievous tone making Anabia groan.

(So it's the matter. Your husband silent behavior is making you restless)

"Iss liye ham aapko nahi bata rahe the. Aap har cheez mazak mai leti hai. Shahzain hamse sach mai khafa hai," Anabia said shooting her a glare.

(That's why I don't tell you anything. You take everything as a joke. Shahzain is angry at me)

"Aap tension na le. Wo aapse zyada der khafa nahi reh sakte," Anam said in a calm tone.