6| Dilkash

Zindagi se yahi gilaa hai mujheTu bohot der se milaa hai mujhe

Tu bohot der se milaa hai mujhe

≤≥≤≥≤≥

"Ammi-mujhe aapse ek zaroori baat karni hai," Harris scratched the back of his neck as he entered the kitchen.

(I want to talk to you about something important)

His mother narrowed her eyes at him as she was opening the spice box.

"Harris- Jaake Rida se kahdo coffee banane ko. Wahi chahiye na tumhe?" His mother asked.

(Tell Rida to make coffee for you. That's what you want, right?)

"Aap se bohot zaroori baat karni hai. Aap meri baat gaur se suniye," Harris said to which his mother hesitantly nodded her head.

(It's very important. Listen to me carefully)

The mother-son duo sat on the couch. Harris took a deep breath and look at her mother.

"I like someone and I want to marry her," Harris said taking a deep breath.

"Hain? Sacchi? Tumhe tou koi ladki pasand nahi aati thi. Mujhe tou tum par shak hone laga tha," His mother said in a flow that she didn't realize what she has just said.

(Wow? Really? You never liked someone. I started doubting on you)

His mother's words managed to make his eyes widen.

"Ammi," A gasp escaped my lips.

(Mom)

"Ye sab chhodo. Mujhe yeh batau ke wo ladki kon hai?" His mother asked.

(Leave it. Tell me who's she?)

"Minahil," Harris said as a genuine smile spread across his lips

"Minahil? Apni Minahil? Badtameez, meri bhaanji par nazar tikaaye baithe the. Mujhe laga ke tum usko bahen ki tarah maante ho," His mother hit his arms and he chuckled.

(Our Minahil, you dare to like my niece to get married. I thought that you treat her like a sister)

"Maine iss cheez kabhi zikr nahi kiya tha. It's not my fault that you assumed something wrong. Aur maine thodi koi affair chalaaya hai? Aapki bhaanji pasand aa gayi hai mujhe tou mai shaadi karna chahta hoon," Harris said as a smirk played on his lips.

(I never mentioned that. And I never had an affair with anyone. I like your niece and I want to marry her)

"Phir theek hai. Mai aaj hi tumhare Khala se baat karti hoon. Mai aaj itni khush hoon ke mai tumhe bataa nahi sakti," His mother said with a proud smile.

(Then it's alright. I will talk to your aunt today. I can't tell you how happy I am today)

Harris raked his fingers through his hair as a smile was playing on his lips.