4| Raabta

≤≥≤≥≤≥

≤≥≤≥≤≥

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Amal turned to the other side of the bed. Sleep was miles away from her eyes. It was around 4 in the evening and she still didn't have her lunch.

Amal can't bring herself to face her khala. She was embarrassed but more than that she was insecure. Insecure of how she doesn't have anywhere to live. Insecure of how her parents don't care to call her in all those freaking years. Do they hate her so much that they can't bear his presence?

Amal laid her head on the bed rest as she coiled her arms around her legs.

"Amal" A voice called her out as the door of her room creaked open.

She took her dupatta and put it on her shoulder.

“Rameez- aap,” Amal breathed as she moved forward.

"Should I serve you the lunch? You have not eaten anything since the morning. And you came so late. Main kya karu aapka?" She babbled averting her eyes from him. She tried her best to hide her emotions. As she moved towards the door of her room, he caught her wrist in a tight grip.

Her breath stuck in her throat as she couldn't form a word. Her lips wobbled up as her hands was on his warm grasp

"Kya hua? Ab tum kya mujhe bhi nahi bataugi," Rameez murmured in a soft tone as he pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Kuch...kuch nahi hua," Amal stuttered and tears pooled up in her eyes. Gulping down the tears, she sat at the edge of the bed.

"Meri wajah se pareshan ho? Does me being in politics hurt you? If that so, I can leave the politics for you. Aapke liye tou mein kuch bhi chhod sakta hoon. Aap sirf ek baar hukum kare," He caressed her cheeks and look at her sincerely.

"Aisa nahi hai. Mein aapko woh cheez chhodne ko kyu kahungi joh aapko pasand hai. Like you support my ambition and career, I will do anything to support you,"  Amal played with the button of his shirt as she gazed at him with pure adoration.

Jod tou unka accha banta haina jou ek doosre ko khud se zyada samajhte hai.
Wo donon tou ek doosre se itni mohabbat karte the ke aasman mein farishte Allah se safarish karne lage. Wo Allah se inn dono ka jod banane ko kahte hai. Par Allah ko kuch aur manzoor tha. Amal aur Rameez ko Allah se bohot tawakkul tha. Unn dono ko itminaan tha Allah unn dono ke liye wahi karenge jou unke liye behtareen hai.

" Tumhara mood kyu kharab tha?" Rameez asked as slowly squeezed her hands in an assuring way.

"Bass aise hi. Hame bohot ghutan ho rahi hai. Ham kitne bure hai. Ham kaise insaan hai ke hamare parents ne kabhi hame yaad nahi kiya. Unhone tou ek call karna bhi gawara nahi kiya. Kya ham itne bure hai? Agar aap nahi hote tou ham nahi pata kaha hote? Dil mein dar baith gaya hai. Khauf aata har cheez se. Dum ghootta hai yeh sab soch kar. Kya ham itne besahara the ke Allah ne hame aapke hawale chhod diya. Kaash ham mar jaate hai. Sukoon tou naseeb mein rahta," Amal hiccuped as tears stained her cheeks.