4| Dilkash

Izhaar se nahi intezaar se pata chalta hai Mohabbat kitni gehri hai

≤≥≤≥≤≥

Minahil tucked the stray of hair behind her and took a deep breath. His blazing eyes were sending shivers that ran down her back.

"Aap hame aise ghoore tou mat. Hamne kya kiya hai?" Minahil said in a low voice as she lowered her gaze.

(Why you are glaring at me like that? What I did?)

"I didn't expect that from you, Minahil. I thought you will act professionally here. You are my cousin but that doesn't mean you have the privilege to broke the rules," Harris glared at her.

Minahil bit her lips in nervousness as she was fidgeting with her fingers.

"Hamne kya kiya hai?" Minahil whined.

(What I did)

"Mera muh mat khulwana. Kaun tha woh?" Harris glared.

(Don't force me to let out my anger on you. Who was he?)

"Ab aap unprofessional nahi ho rahe hai. You are my boss and you can't interfere in my life," Minahil crossed her arms over her chest and said proudly.

(You are becoming unprofessional now)

Her breath hitched when she felt him leaning towards her. His cologne filled in her nostrils and her mind was in a daze.

"Aap durr rah kar bhi baat kar sakte hai," Minahil hesitantly said and his jaw ticked.

(You can still talk from far away)

"You didn't mind when he was standing so close to you," Harris's jaw tightened making her cheeks warm.

"He is my best friend," Minahil stammered.

"That doesn't have him a right to hold you like that, understood? And I swear Minahil if I found him near you, I will not spare him," Harris warned her.

"Aapko kya fark padta hai?" Minahil challenged crossing her arms over her chest.

(Why does it matter to you?)

Her tone held a challenge, a confession.
Her words managed to make him speechless.

"Mujhe koi fark nahi padta. All I care about is work and it's a workplace. You should behave professionally here," Harris cleared his throat making her sigh.

(I don't care)

"Maine jo tumhe file check karne ko kaha tha. Uska kya hua? I am expecting file on my desk in ten minutes," He said making her eyes widen.

(I told you to check the file?  Are you done with your work?)

She forgets about the work as she was busy talking with Azlan.