3| Naintara

kho gaye ham kaharangon sa ye jahan

kho gaye ham kaha
rangon sa ye jahan

≤≥≤≥≤≥

"Ammi," Mishal said as she entered her mother's room.

"Aap kya kar rahi hai?" Mishal asked as her mother was taking out some jewelry from the locker.

(What are you doing)

"Aao baitho. Hamne tumhare liye jewelry sambhal kar rakhi thi. Tum bhi dekhlo," Her mother smiled and showed her the jewelry.

(Sit here. I maintained some jewelry for you. Have a look at it)

"Ye wahi jewelry haina jo aap ne apne shaadi mai pahni thi. Jab aap 17 saal ki thi?" Mishal asked and her mother glared at her.

(Isn't it the same jewelry you wore at your wedding? When you were 17 years old?)

"Kaisa lag raha hai? Tum apni shaadi mai pahenna," Her mother said in excitement.

(How's it? You should wear it on your wedding)

"Ammi- hame nahi samajh aata ye sab. Aur aap sab ko bataa de ke ham do teen saal tak rukhsati nahi hone denge. Ham apna masters complete karenge," Mishal said in a proud tone and her mother let out a chuckle.

(I don't understand this thing. And tell everyone that I won't let rukhsati happen before 2-3 years. I will complete my master's first)

"Edi tu Einstein," Her mother scoffed and her mouth gaped open.

(Yes, Einstein)

"Kuch kaam tha?" Her mother asked.

(Why you came here)

"Haan. Aapne khama kha hamara waqt zaaya kar diya. Ham aapse ye puchhne aaye the ke ham konsi aashiqana kitaab khareede? Ham online search kar rahe the par hame samajh nahi aa raha tha," Mishal pouted and her mother smacks her forehead.

(Yes, you wasted my time. I came to ask which romantic book should I purchase? I tried to search online but didn't found a good one)

"Mishal- ab tum badi ho gayi ho. Zara soch samajh kar bola karo. Jo munh mai aata hai bol deti ho," Her mother scolded her.

(You are grown up now. At least think before saying anything. You say whatever comes to your mind)

"Aap hi demand puri karne ki koshish kar rahe aur aap hame hi daant rahi hai. Bhalai ka tou zamaana hi nahi raha," Mishal said in a dramatic tone as she moved away from her mother's room.

(I am trying to complete your demand and you are scolding me. There is no value of goodness)

She was going towards her room when the doorbell rang. Mishal groaned and went to open the door.