Chapter 10 - True Love

In the northwest of Helios Empire there was a small kingdom, barely one tenth the size of the Empire. However, in spite of its size, it was one of the strongest country under the protectorate of the Empire.

The Magic Kingdom of Alpina.

As its name suggests, it was a Kingdom well-known for its high proficiency in magic. Nevertheless, the King of Alpina was not the sole ruler of the country. Centuries ago, when the kingdom was on the verge of collapse, the King at that time sought help from a group of talented magicians, in exchange for a considerable size of land, exclusive for magicians, where they built a magic tower. The king also guaranteed the magicians' full authority on that land and some aspects of the kingdom's governance, as long as the magicians continue to play a role in making the country prosper without challenging the King's sovereign.

It marked the beginning of the prosperous coalition between Alpina Kingdom and the Magic Tower's magicians. As magicians were not interested in ruling and politics as much as the advancement in magic, they maintain the status quo. Since then, Alpina was known as the only Magic Kingdom in the continent.

The west coast of Alpina.

It was rocky cliffed coast, formed by black hard granites. It faced the unforgiving West Ocean. The waves hitting the rocks was harsh and tumultuous. The wind was strong and cold, even in summers.

At the edge of the largest cliff, there was a 13-stories tower.

The Magic Tower.

From the outside, it was just a huge eerie tower made from dark gray stones. But inside, it was totally something else.

Glen was awkwardly sitting on a peculiar-looking sofa in the 12th floor of the Magic Tower. A knight sitting together with the noble they served was unheard of.

"I'm a runaway noble, and we're in the Magic Tower where social status don't matter. So, just sit and make yourself comfortable."

It was not that he can say no to the lady he served.

Sarah was serving tea for four people, including herself, on the rectangular short table made of unknown material in the middle of the sofa set. Then, like Glen, she awkwardly sit on the sofa opposite Allyssa and Oscar.

"So."

Oscar broke the silence.

"You played with the heir of a duke because his appearance suits your taste, but just when you're about to broke things off, you found out that he knocked you up! Haa... Ally dear... what do I do with you?"

Contrary to his concerned tone, Oscar was amusedly smiling, obviously enjoying himself. He was playing with Allyssa long wavy hair.

This irritated Glen. But he just kept quiet.

Allyssa rolled her eyes.

"Stop repeating things you already know. Well, that happened. That stupid faulty Unbearing Gem! This is exactly why you should invent female contraceptives!"

"Dear, there's no way that Unbearing Gems can be faulty! It's 100% effective, I can guarantee it in the name of Magic Tower."

"Humph, have you ever heard of failure rate? There might be a 0.00001 percent failure rate in everything in this world! there's no such thing as 100%!"

"Maybe he deliberately didn't bring it around..."

"There's no way that he can make such a stupid mistake!"

Oscar personally thought it was not a mistake. But he just smile warmly at the moody Allyssa, continued to caress her hair. She was such a cute baby sister.