Chapter 28 - A talk with Allyssa

Gregory POV

"Uh. Hi, Greg. Ehe."

Allyssa smiled stupidly and awkwardly waved at me. I can't help but sigh.

Suddenly, she looked very surprised. I turned my head to look at what she was looking at.

Well, of course. The red-haired magician she foretold about years ago.

"Selene."

I called Selene, who had her back on us. She was staring pensively at the dreadful sea cliffs. Maybe she missed the view.

Selene turned and walked closer toward us.

"Ah. Lyssa, this is my friend, Selene. And this is my twin sister, Allyssa, you've heard so much about."

"Woah, she's so pretty in person...."

Allyssa mumbled to herself in a small voice. But I heard that. What does Lyssa know about Selene, anyway? And, how? I'm dying to ask her.

"Nice to meet you, Lady Allyssa Reynold."

Selene greeted Lyssa courteously.

"Ahhh... Hello."

Lyssa looked dazed. Her mind isn't here. It was as if she was star-struck.

Enough with greetings. I need to put some sense into Allyssa's weird head.

"Ah, Selene. Can you give us some time? You can go and meet your friends. I'll call you when we're done."

"Alright. See you later."

Selene unhesitatingly jumped off the balcony.

"Ack! She jumped! She jumped from the twelfth floor, Greg!"

Lyssa pushed me to the side and quickly rushed toward the balcony. She looked down anxiously.

"It's alright. She'll be fine. I'd worry about myself if I were you, Lyssa."

I tried to sound as stern as I can and dragged her inside.

"We need to talk."

***

I sat on the unique-looking sofa opposite Lyssa's lazy couch. The living room of Oscar's living quarters was very spacious and very peculiar.

I looked around the house.

Lyssa's personal knight, Glen was standing like a statue beside Lyssa's personal maid, Sarah. Glen saluted me. Sarah bowed quietly when we made eye contact and quietly resigned to a corner that looked like a kitchen. Eh, it was a proper kitchen, right? Is it connected to the living room? And there's a dining area too. No walls or hallways are separating them.

Oh, no. I'm not here to sightsee.

I turned my gaze on Allyssa. She was sitting with a straight back. Her eyes were wandering around. Even when her eyes looked like she had done something wrong, she pouted like she was the one who was wronged. I haven't seen that look for a while. That 'guilty but not sorry' expression I had seen countless times.

The year when she affiliated herself with Lucas Maxwell, she had that look a lot.

Speaking of Lucas, my eyes instinctively fell on Lyssa's abdomen. You wouldn't notice if you don't look carefully, but there is a small bump there.

I had complicated feelings. I know the fact that Lyssa is pregnant, but seeing it myself felt unreal. Two lives are living inside Lyssa right now. My nephew and niece.

"Ahem. Greg."

Lyssa was the one who broke the silence.

"You seemed close with the girl just now? Who is she?"