Chapter 45 - The meeting at the terrace.

[heya guys! Here's an early chapter release to make up for the late update last week. however, the update schedule will still be 2-weekly for now. next update will be in 2 weeks time. Anyway, enjoy!! I know u guys r waiting for this (bcoz me too!) (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ]

.

The cold breeze blew softly on my face.

I sighed as I sipped the fruit juice.

It's entering the season of spring. But the night breeze was still chilly.

My body trembled a little.

"Hah... but I don't want to go back inside."

I talked to myself as I sighed again.

After the award ceremony, the Victory celebration party was held in full swing.

People are dancing and socializing.

I was swarmed by tons of people, congratulating me for my newly earned title and possessions or simply expressing their gratitude for bringing the Empire and the South Kingdom to victory.

Of course, the others were surrounded by people, too. Especially the stars of the night, Lucas and Selene. Gregory and Noah, too. That was expected. But I barely did anything.

Everything they said only made me feel burdened.

I mean, I did warn Greg like, ages ago. And I did tell Luke some hints about it in the passing without much thought.

As for the letters.

Yes, I did send them because I know my family will send the Nighties to go to the South Kingdom to look for me. I hoped that they'd accidentally find the disguised Huran soldiers instead.

I did all that because I knew what's gonna happen. It was the least I can do. But I wouldn't dare to take credit for that.

If anything, it was Gregory that deserved the whole credit. He figured out everything with such vague clues I said years ago and speculated the reason for the Huran suspicious movement straight away.

As expected, my twin brother is the real genius!

Anyway.

After the awkward moments of being complimented by strangers for the minuscule role I contributed in, I excused myself and escaped to the terrace.

It was already fifteen minutes since then.

"Huuu... so cold!"

I whined.

Suddenly, someone placed a heavy piece of clothing on my shoulders.

It's warm. And it has a subtle pleasantly cozy scent that I found extremely familiar.

"Then you shouldn't stay here this long, wearing that thin dress. You'd catch a cold."

A pleasant low-pitched voice came out from behind the top of my head.

"But I'm glad the dress looks good on you."

I turned around and looked up.

As expected, it was Lucas.

"Ah, Luke. Erm, thank you?"

I awkwardly thanked him.

I adjusted the cape he had given me as I hugged myself. The cape was made for Lucas, so obviously it was big. I can easily cover my whole body with it. His body heat still lingered on it.

Ah, it's nice and warm now.

But.

The few seconds of awkward silence were unbearable.