Chapter 51 - Run away? Again?

The conversation flowed unexpectedly well.

Maybe it was because I knew my reality now isn't the same as the novel. Lucas and Selene's ship did not sail. No. Rather, the ship doesn't exist in the first place.

Thinking back, it was very stupid of me to try my best to run away to hide it from Lucas when he was the one who planned the pregnancy trap, to begin with.

That cunning little piece of-

Ugh.

Calm down, Allyssa.

I took a deep breath and caress my big stomach.

It's a lie if I said I wasn't angry at all. Even now, a month after finding out the truth behind the pregnancy, whenever I think about it, I can feel my insides boil with anger.

However, my building anger subsides quickly as I think about my unborn babies.

It was hard to get angry for too long thinking about their existence.

Whatever the reason might've been, be it accidental or single-handedly planned by a man with a dubious motive, it doesn't change the fact that I was looking forward to having them for months now.

So, when Selene asked me did I resent Lucas, the answer flowed easily from my mouth.

"Well, as you said, I was troubled at first. But, back then I thought it was an accident and I was half at fault, too."

I chuckled, inwardly laughing at myself.

Thinking back, the one who shamelessly approached Lucas first was me. And it was because of an impure desire of an adult woman's mind with a pubertal teenage's body.

"Well, it takes two to, you know, make babies."

So, yeah. I reaped what I sowed. Furthermore, what I reaped turned out to be something so precious. So why would I resent him?

But would I blame him if I knew it was his doing back then?

Maybe I would. And I would be really really mad.

Fortunately, things didn't turn out that way.

"Rather than blaming him, I was more preoccupied with the fact that I need to take care of my unborn babies without burdening my family."

I freaked myself out and ended up sloppily running away.

Seriously. For laughing out loud.

"In fact, more than that, I was too preoccupied with the plans on how to run and hide it from Lucas."

I was under a typical isekai-ed person delusion thinking everything would turn out to be just like the novel.

Plus our relationship...

"I thought, we shared nothing more than a physical relationship, so I didn't want to trouble him. What a fool I was. Haha. He knew it all along. It was his plan all along after all."

It is all but hypothetical now, but...

"If I knew it back then, maybe I would resent him. But, look at this."

I pointed at my bulging stomach where my babies, the seeds that were sown, comfortably nestled.

"They have already grown this big. There's no point in blaming him or resenting him. So, I think that it's a blessing that I didn't know it back then."

Looking at it from another angle, I honestly think it was a huge blessing.

God forbid, I might've resent them along with Lucas if I found it out earlier.