Chapter 50 - An observation of the pregnant lady.

Selene gulped the bitter tea in silence.

Shit. I messed up.

Selene lamented the fact that she lost her cool in front of her new friend, Allyssa Reynold.

The lady she really looked forward to getting closer with.

The lady she was always curious about.

Allyssa Reynold.

At first, she was just curious about the talented Vice Commander Gregory's twin sister. She kept on popping in the conversations among Gregory, Noah, and the Night Rose elites she worked with.

She also wondered what kind of person she was, to be able to paint human emotions on the unmovable and indifferent swordmaster Lucas Maxwell's face whenever her name was mentioned.

That bastard Lucas Maxwell.

How dare he do this to the lady!?

For a tenth of a second, her eyes fell on Allyssa's stomach before glancing away.

That day, when Lucas told her everything while floating away from the tower, she really wanted to punch Lucas.

But thank God, she was able to maintain her rationality.

Punching Lucas Maxwell would be like throwing an egg at a rock mountain. The egg would be shattered to pieces but the mountain remains sturdy.

No matter how angry one is, who is stupid enough to hurt themselves like that?

Selene thought it was better to curse Lucas with magic. But, no. His sword aura would counter it.

In the end, she was able to restrain her feelings because that almighty Lucas Maxwell looked so helpless as he continued his story.

Seemed like he really loves the girl.

Somehow, Selene had a shred of pity toward that idiot. Even though he was a total assh*le.

However, today.

Seeing Allyssa, heavily pregnant out of her own will, evoked Selene's rage once more.

She has been suppressing her anger since the beginning, in consideration of Allyssa who acted like the situation inflicted by Lucas wasn't a big deal at all.

Although...

It baffled her.

When Selene met Allyssa in the Magic Tower, she figured that the relationship between Allyssa and Lucas was anything but normal.

And the lady she met in the Tower was too desperate.

It looked to her that Allyssa was trying to run away as far as she can from Lucas. Not just physically, but she looked like she really wanted to erase Lucas out of her life.

That desperation was etched deeply in Selene's heart.

It reminded her of the mother she never really knew.

The poor woman who caught the lecherous eyes of her father, Viscount Abraham.

As an illegitimate child, Selene heard a thing or two about her birth mother.

Well, most of them were used as insults to ridicule her birth. But, the maid who took care of Selene once told her about her mother.

The maid was previously in charge of taking care of Selene's mother when she was alive.

Her mother was confined in an isolated room in the mansion. It was because the viscount was obsessed with her beauty and refused to let others see her.