Chapter 47 - Girlfriend?

Click.

As soon as I locked the door, Selene apologized.

"I'm sorry Allys-, Alice."

Selene bit her lips. She almost makes a mistake again.

She was usually a composed person. But for some reason, she seemed flustered.

I smiled at her.

"It's okay. You can talk comfortably now. The room was installed with soundproofing magic."

Selene sighed in relief.

"Even though Count Goffield and Noah already reminded me a few times to be careful... It's just... I was surprised to see you are actually here!"

I guided her to another room within the office.

The room consisted of a medium-sized sturdy glass table with six comfortable chairs surrounding it. There was thick carpet covering the floor. The natural lighting from two big windows illuminated the room. Aside from two pots of indoor plants at the corners of the room, the decorations were kept at the bare minimum.

It's a meeting room. I tried to make it as modern as possible when I designed it, based on the memory of my previous life, but with the Victorian-like furniture of this world, it turned out to be a very posh, classic hang-out room rather than a meeting room.

Oh, well. As long as it serves its purpose.

"Have a seat."

I offered her a seat as I sat on one of the cushioned chairs.

We sat facing each other.

"Thank you. I didn't expect to actually see you at the office on my first day of work."

Selene smiled awkwardly.

It's true that I rarely come here. I usually have the reports of the company activities sent over to my estate.

But my being here isn't as surprising as Selene's appearance.

"I'm surprised to see you too."

I looked questioningly at Selene.

"Count Selene of Grazie."

I called Selene with her new title.

The receivers of the medal of the highest order, The Helios's Star Medal have also been bestowed the title of a Count. There was also a small piece of land that came with the title.

Selene should be enjoying a new life as an esteemed Countess now.

But...

"Why are you here?!"

I narrowed her eyes while looking at her.

I could never imagine that the new chief operations manager, the one who will run the company both in the light and in the shadows would be Selene!

"When did you even join the Night Rose?"

I asked, without waiting for the answer to my prior question.

"Aha."

Selene leaned her back to the comfort of the cozy chair. She looked more relaxed now.

She flashed a mischievous smirk and looked at me with excitement.

"Of course, you'd be confused. Hehe."

She grinned.

Now she looked more like herself. Despite the floppy disguise, she's my favorite charismatic FL after all!