Chapter 17 - First night.

Lucas was standing at a quiet corner of the hall. Nobody else around.

I got this one chance.

"Lucas Maxwell. I heard you like to play around with women. If you allow me, I would like to be one of those women you play with."

I didn't know how I can say those shameful words so confidently, but I did. It must be because of the whispers of the devil. Or it was just the champagne cocktails. Or maybe just, pure lust?

I narrowed my eyes slightly, continued to look at him in the deep blue eyes. Waiting for his reply.

But he just stood there staring at me, dumbfoundedly.

What? Is this the first time you've been picked up by a girl rather than picking up girls? Hello, I'm seducing you, right now!

I maintained my half-smile. But the confidence I had just a few seconds ago was slowly crumbling.

Hey, why don't you say something?!

"Ehem."

I cleared my throat.

"It seemed I had taken you by surprised. I apologize."

"N-no.. w-well..."

"Ahh. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Allyssa Reynold."

I slightly curtsied.

"I know."

He quickly replied. It seemed that he was back to his senses.

"Lady Allyssa. May I ask, what do you mean by saying that?"

"Exactly what I meant. Well, we can get to know each other first if you want. To know, uhm, if we are compatible, uhm, physically I mean. Ah, but if you want to go straight to it, I won't complain, of course. I'd prefer that, too."

At this point, I don't exactly know what I was actually saying.

"Do you really mean it? Are you serious?"

I nodded.

My seduction plan is a success!

He started to close our distance until we were only at half an arm length distance.

My heart was beating fast seeing the closed-up view of that clavicles peeking from his shirt's collar, right in front of me. And those leanly shaped pectoral muscles hiding beneath the thin shirt.

I looked up.

Oh, he was slightly bend, looking at me.

I can see his perfect face up close. The perfectly shaped cheekbones. That well sculpted straight nose. Those soft and luscious lips. And those eyes that was staring at me like I was the only person who exists in the world. I was mesmerized. I was drawn into those deep, raging, ocean blue eyes.

I subconsciously got closer and tiptoed to get a better view.

I didn't noticed that there was no more distance between us. I didn't realized when did his big hands encircled my waist. I wasn't aware that he had bowed himself lower to me.

Suddenly, I felt his breath on my face. Then, I felt something soft and sweet touched my lips.

He kissed me.

So softly and carefully, like I was the most precious thing in the world.

My first kiss in this life, is the best first kiss ever!

***

So.

Things escalated quickly.

Now here I am, being carefully bathed by the maids of the Maxwell Duke's capital residence.