Chapter 14 - Strategy

{I hope you enjoy another chapter of Knocked up by ML. Here's another Gregory POV. I'll be busy these few weeks so another chapter will be uploaded the earliest next weekends. Next will be back to our MC Allyssa POV.}

Gregory POV

I was standing facing a large round meeting table. Everybody else was sitting around the table. Their eyes were focused at me.

The Supreme Commander of the South Kingdom Army and his 9 squad captains. Silver Wolf's Vice Commander Lucas Maxwell. Noah Goffield and 10 other Night Rose's Elite members.

And the red haired magician, Selene Abraham.

I was shocked to know that she was merely 18 years old and a girl. But after knowing that she previously was the people of the Magic Tower, I thought, as expected of her.

But women generally don't go to war. And Magic Tower magicians usually avoid wars, too. I wondered why she left the glorious Tower and joined the war instead, but I didn't pry further.

What matters most was she will be a vital player in my strategic plan.

I just received the approval from father to freely mobilized the Night Rose. The Emperor has also gave his permission.

More importantly, the Reynolds had received another letter from Allyssa.

It was a short letter telling that she is safe and sound. She already left the South Kingdom and currently is somewhere in Earingard, the tropical country southeast of the Empire.

She even was cheering me and the Night Rose to do our best in the war and to stay safe.

What the heck, Lyssa! I could've died!

I still shivered when I think of the explosion that night.

Wait till I found you! The moment I do, I'm gonna pull both of your ears!!!

"Sir Gregory."

The Supreme Commander, a muscular middle-aged Marquis from South Kingdom raised his hand.

"Yes, Sir Adin?"

"I understand your plan pretty well. But there's one thing I don't agree with."

"Feel free to share your opinion, Sir Adin."

"Why must the magician have to join your squad? It's better if she join the attack unit. It would benefit us more if her power is used to increase our attacking force."

Tsk. That's why I hate talking to these muscle-brained military idiots.

"Because."

I turned my eyes into looking at Selene Abraham who looked bewildered after hearing someone mentioning her.

"We don't want strong attack force, Sir Adin. We want to end this war. Even if you demonstrate how strong the your force is, but in the end you are dragging the war causing hundreds of thousands soldiers and citizens ended up dead, what's the point?"

"T-that... Fine! But it doesn't change the fact that this method of yours is quite dishonor-"

Tap.

It was Lucas Maxwell, tapping the table with his aura-shrouded finger. The sound was very loud.

Even the experienced veteran such as Supreme Commander Adin was taken aback.

"This isn't a normal war like the previous wars, Sir Adin. Who knows what dirty tactics those bastards planned if we drag this war too long. And if you worry about attack force, you shouldn't. I'll be leading the attack myself!"