Chapter 41 - Who is the Magic Tower Master?

The two men looked at the door as it closed and the figure of Allyssa disappeared.

"Haaahh..."

Oscar watched his master remove his mask with a deep sigh.

Eugene floppily dropped himself on his chair.

"Huwaahhh! it's been a while since I was this nervous!"

The tower master, Eugene, exclaimed.

"Ahh... I've finally met her!"

The real appearance of his almost 300 years old master that he only saw a few times still baffled Oscar.

Officially, Eugene disguised himself looking like an old man reaching his sixties. But right now, he looked like a starstruck young man meeting his favorite idol.

Although, the thing he was more curious about was his master's out-of-character behavior.

The usually calm and collected Master of the Magic Tower looked like a nervous young man whenever his beloved cousin sister was involved.

Even when Oscar is the Tower's successor, meeting the Tower Master was difficult. Outside his official and academic duty, the master usually prefers to seclude himself on the topmost floor of the Magic Tower. It has been years since he known his master, but lately, Oscar couldn't help but feel amazed with the new side of the person who he respected so much.

The changes all started on that day.

One day, after the Magic Tower monthly assembly, Oscar told his master in the passing about the conversation with Allyssa. It was a day after she told Oscar about the war and knowing about Selene Abraham without even meeting her in person.

The Tower Master became so curious about Allyssa. He even summoned Oscar multiple times to his personal living quarters outside working hours to get updates and news about Allyssa.

"Did she say something about the future again today?"

"Are you sure she said that in her sleep? She cried? What else did you hear from her while she was sleeping?"

"Can you tell me more about her? How she was like when she was young? How about her family?"

Well, at first Oscar didn't mind it too much. So he just tell him everything, while bragging about how cute, beautiful, adorable and smart his Ally was. After all, bragging about Allyssa was one of his favorite pastimes.

His master was originally a peculiar person with odd interests. After all, his master originally was not from this world.

Oscar knew how much Master Eugene was trying hard to find someone who might have a connection to his previous world.

But eventually, Oscar grew suspicious. He was wondering why his master is too interested about Allyssa. Oscar started to suspect that there is a connection between Allyssa and the Tower Master. He couldn't make sense of it at first. But then, he discovered some clues. Especially after Allyssa told him about her previous life.

"Tell me more about it! Tell me EVERYTHING Oh, Oscar! I can't believe this! You must not miss any details!"

That day, Eugene was so bewildered that he jumped off the couch and grabbed Oscar's shoulders.

Oscar was taken aback.

Now, Oscar was sure that the connections between his master and Allyssa were not simple.

He was curious to know more.

"Eugene-sama. Do you know Allyssa? I mean, who Allyssa was in her previous life?"